Finding a new case

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a new case but most of the cases dont match my requirements and i was hoping that some of you could help me.

The cases i looked at so far are:

Corsair 350d (my perfect case but a little bit to small)

Corsair 650d (is the size i like but doesn't have dual front fans)

Corsair 800d (too expensive)

Silverstone tj 07 (is not painted inside and just too expensive)

Silverstone tj11b-w (too expensive)

I really like the look of the obsidian cases but i have yet to find one that meets my requirements and is in my price range. (it is possible i'm just to picky about case requirements)

My budget is 180 euro's or 240 US dollars

I'm looking forward to your recommendations

Mobo: Asus M4A87TD | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix | RAM: 8GB Kingston Value Ram | HDD1:  2TB Refurbished Seagate Baracuda | HDD2: 1TB Samsung | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 125GB | PSU: Corsair CX 850 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4

wow thats a lightning fast reply, i have to look into the case but from pictures it seems a bit to square

Mobo: Asus M4A87TD | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix | RAM: 8GB Kingston Value Ram | HDD1:  2TB Refurbished Seagate Baracuda | HDD2: 1TB Samsung | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 125GB | PSU: Corsair CX 850 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4

Err... what are the requirements for the case? 

You're looking at something similar to the 350D but larger? 

The R4 is gorgeous, cheap and seems to pass all points the other cases fell short on. But it's pretty square, as you stated earlier, and very minimalistic in its design.

Cheers,

Linus

Im pretty sure the Fractal Design R4 is the perfect case for you. Also, the 350D wont hold an ATX case.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Yep i would go for the Fractal Design Define R4 it has dual fans at front dual at top and one at back and its sound proof. :D

Main: AMD Athlon X4 750K| Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO | Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 | 8GB Kingston 1333mhz | WD Caviar Green 1tb | Coolermaster N200 | OCZ coreXstream 500w | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB | |Kingston 3k ssd 128gb |

Err... what are the requirements for the case? 

maybe i should have been a little clearer in stating the requirements.

im looking for a tower case atx form factor with preferably a side window, dual front fans for air flow and painted interior.

thats pretty much anything i can think of at the moment

Im pretty sure the Fractal Design R4 is the perfect case for you. Also, the 350D wont hold an ATX case.

i know it doesnt support atx but im happy to move to micro atx if the case is what i want

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2's real nice. Sounds like something you should check out.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

maybe i should have been a little clearer in stating the requirements.

im looking for a tower case atx form factor with preferably a side window, dual front fans for air flow and painted interior.

thats pretty much anything i can think of at the moment

Fractal Design R4 fits all that requirements (doesn't have window) - Link to case

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 also fits all that requirements - link to case

The Corsair 350D doesn't support a ATX motherboard. 

i really want to thank everybody already for taking the time to help me, this is amazing

i know it doesnt support atx but im happy to move to micro atx if the case is what i want

Gotcha. Well, then most members (and I) have picked the R4 as a pretty good case for you, and the 350D (Check out the Caselabs SM5 in the mean time) is an awesome case for the money.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Gotcha. Well, then most members (and I) have picked the R4 as a pretty good case for you, and the 350D (Check out the Caselabs SM5 in the mean time) is an awesome case for the money.

i really like how the r4 looks and i see there is a side panel available that pretty much ticks all the boxes i guess. the sm5 look like a beast to but is to expensive for me to afford right now

If you really want to have 2 120mm fans at the front of the 650D it is a relatively easy mod.  

If you really want to have 2 120mm fans at the front of the 650D it is a relatively easy mod.  

Doesnt it have a 200mm fan native?

600t?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

600t?

Thats a great case, both aesthetically and functionally! :)

Doesnt it have a 200mm fan native?

Yes, but the OP says that the 650D is the size he likes but it doesn't support 2 120mm fans at the front. It can only support a single 200mm fan.

600t?

that is a cool case but i think i like the r4 better

that is a cool case but i think i like the r4 better

If I had to chose, I would still go with the R4.

Nzxt phantom maybe, that think is a monster at cooling, there are a bunch of them and well they are all quite awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Nzxt phantom maybe, that think is a monster at cooling, there are a bunch of them and well they are all quite awesome.

the phantom is indeed a really cool case but i like the look of the r4 over the flashyness (is that a word?) of the phantom.

Corsair r70.

You mean the C70? I would also recommend that case also because it is a very well built case and cable management is pretty easy for a non-modular psu (TX650 V2). It also has lots of fan mounts which means that this case offers great airflow imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer