Graphics card dead?

Ziggamasta

Hi there, yesterday while playing an indie game my screen suddenly froze and I ended up having to crash my computer. I am using a GTX 590 and all drivers are up to date. Unfortunately I cannot get past the windows logo without the video output cutting out. I spent about 3-4 hours troubleshooting. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and followed every forum I could find on the topic to no avail. So currently my situation is as follows.

-I Can boot in safe mode with the Video cable plugged into the GPU.

-I Can boot normally plugged into the on-board graphics (Intel 4600 HD graphics) only while the graphics card is unplugged as the default video output i set to PCI in Bios.

I have tried swapping PCI-e slots. I do not have another computer to test the card in. 

If anyone can shed any light on the situation that would be great. I hope the card is not dead and it is just a weird driver issue but it is a 4 year old card.

Thanks

If you have another PSU try that.

I don't have another psu, but my current one is a good quality one and it's only 1 year old. Corsair CS750M which is 750W which is more than sufficient for my system. 

I'm not worried about if the w is enough it just can it delivery it and the amps etc. If it is faulty it might not and it could cause problems, age also doesn't matter, I've had a good PSU go bad after 3 months sometimes it just bad luck. That being said and as you don't have another PSU to check it with I would say that it is the gpu it is old and whatnot but without testing with other GPUs etc I would only be 90% sure.

I'm not worried about if the w is enough it just can it delivery it and the amps etc. If it is faulty it might not and it could cause problems, age also doesn't matter, I've had a good PSU go bad after 3 months sometimes it just bad luck. That being said and as you don't have another PSU to check it with I would say that it is the gpu it is old and whatnot but without testing with other GPUs etc I would only be 90% sure.Yeah 

Yeah, thanks for your replies.