Need recommendations for a small/compact wireless router

CyberneticTitan

As the title says. Would like it to be relatively smaller than your full-sized router (like a RT-AC66U).

Right now, I'm leaning towards the TP-Link TL-WR702N. It's small as a hockey puck, is USB powered, and has a few operating modes with decent range.

However I'd like it to have a little bit more range and oomph. It will need to penetrate one layer of concrete wall and maintain good bandwidth and if it can penetrate two with a few layers of metal inbetween, that'd be awesome.

I live in Canada btw. Budget-wise I'd like to keep it under $50 CAD. Most likely buying from Amazon Canada but any recommendations is appreciated.

Thanks!

As the title says. Would like it to be relatively smaller than your full-sized router (like a RT-AC66U).

Right now, I'm leaning towards the TP-Link TL-WR702N. It's small as a hockey puck, is USB powered, and has a few operating modes with decent range.

However I'd like it to have a little bit more range and oomph. It will need to penetrate one layer of concrete wall and maintain good bandwidth and if it can penetrate two with a few layers of metal inbetween, that'd be awesome.

I live in Canada btw. Budget-wise I'd like to keep it under $50 CAD. Most likely buying from Amazon Canada but any recommendations is appreciated.

Thanks!

why does it need to be small?

you moving around with it?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

There are two more products I can think of. 

Tenda 3G 300M Router: http://www.tenda.cn/uk/product/3G300M.html

Mikrotik mAP 2n: http://routerboard.com/RBmAP2n

In my opinion, this is the best you can find for such a budget and requirement.

Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately both of those options are slightly over budget for me and don't appear to offer more features that are worth their price.

why does it need to be small?

you moving around with it?

Yes I will be travelling with it; often from place to place where Ethernet is of abundance. I will be walking around with it too.

Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately both of those options are slightly over budget for me and don't appear to offer more features that are worth their price.

Yes I will be travelling with it; often from place to place where Ethernet is of abundance. I will be walking around with it too.

it sounds more like you just need a good wireless adapter

it sounds more like you just need a good wireless adapter

Trust me, I definitely need a good portable router unless you find a way to upgrade mobile devices antenna lol.

Trust me, I definitely need a good portable router unless you find a way to upgrade mobile devices antenna lol.

wireless to ethernet adapter

im guessing the pc has ethernet port

wireless to ethernet adapter

im guessing the pc has ethernet port

All I need is the portable router, thanks.

On the software side of things the mAP 2 schools any other router up to $200 USD. The RouterOS can pretty much do anything you can think of.