would this fix problem

spwath

My sub isn't being used in music due to multi channel outputs not being processed.

If from the front I go-

Front-sub in-sub out-receiver

Then would my sub be used?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You mean using the high level inputs on the subwoofer?

Not clear on the whole line level/high level/speaker level stuff.

I mean using the rca connectors

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not clear on the whole line level/high level/speaker level stuff.

I mean using the rca connectors

the cables should be color coded

just plug them into the right color

and play some 5.1 audio

and it should work fine

if you have the right drivers installed

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

the cables should be color coded

just plug them into the right color

and play some 5.1 audio

and it should work fine

if you have the right drivers installed

Yeah I know how to plug in cables...

How are you connecting the sub to your receiver right now?

Via the sub out.

Via the sub out.

So a single RCA cable connecting your sub pre-out to the L or R channel into your subwoofer?

So a single RCA cable connecting your sub pre-out to the L or R channel into your subwoofer?

Yeah.

But since there is no proccesing for multi chanel, i get no sub in music.

But, i was thinking, if i go from front speaker out on pc, to rca sub in, then from the rca out on the sub, and then from that to the receivers front chanel, then the sub should proces the signal, and i should be able to controll it using the low pass filter, correct?

Yeah.

But since there is no proccesing for multi chanel, i get no sub in music.

But, i was thinking, if i go from front speaker out on pc, to rca sub in, then from the rca out on the sub, and then from that to the receivers front chanel, then the sub should proces the signal, and i should be able to controll it using the low pass filter, correct?

You have the PSW10, right? I don't see an RCA out. Typically subs don't have an RCA out. You usually need to use the inputs and outputs with spring connectors to pass through your audio.

You should have enough left over speaker cable to accomplish this. First you need to connect the left and right front channels from your receiver's speaker outputs to your subwoofer's "Speaker Level Input." Then you connect the subwoofer's "Speaker Level Output" to your front speakers. Your subwoofer will be inline with your fronts and process the bass on its own using the built in low pass filter.

However, I would also connect the subwoofer pre-out to your subwoofer using an RCA so your receiver can send any LFE signals that it processes.

You have the PSW10, right? I don't see an RCA out. Typically subs don't have an RCA out. You usually need to use the inputs and outputs with spring connectors to pass through your audio.

You should have enough left over speaker cable to accomplish this. First you need to connect the left and right front channels from your receiver's speaker outputs to your subwoofer's "Speaker Level Input." Then you connect the subwoofer's "Speaker Level Output" to your front speakers. Your subwoofer will be inline with your fronts and process the bass on its own using the built in low pass filter.

However, I would also connect the subwoofer pre-out to your subwoofer using an RCA so your receiver can send any LFE signals that it processes.

Oh I forgot, I'm at school ATM.

OK I don't think I'll bother with that now, as my sub does not positively effect music.

I'll do that if I get a better sub

Oh I forgot, I'm at school ATM.

OK I don't think I'll bother with that now, as my sub does not positively effect music.

I'll do that if I get a better sub

It's not really that big of a deal. It's just a few more cables. You probably have some left over from that giant roll you purchased.

Your choice though. Focus!

It's not really that big of a deal. It's just a few more cables. You probably have some left over from that giant roll you purchased.

Your choice though. Focus!

Yeah, I can also just press a button to change my receiver to stereo input then I get the sub. I kinda forgot about that.

I do have a lot of the roll left over, but I want to save it.

Idk why...

I also made some molex to fan adapters with it.

Also, I was in passing time.

That's why I replied every 40 minuets

Yeah, I can also just press a button to change my receiver to stereo input then I get the sub. I kinda forgot about that.

I do have a lot of the roll left over, but I want to save it.

Idk why...

I also made some molex to fan adapters with it.

Also, I was in passing time.

That's why I replied every 40 minuets

Don't stress too much about trying to save it. You can always get more later.

Using stereo mode might be the fastest/cleanest alternative. Unfortunately, receivers have a tendency to complicate life a bit.

Don't stress too much about trying to save it. You can always get more later.

Using stereo mode might be the fastest/cleanest alternative. Unfortunately, receivers have a tendency to complicate life a bit.

Yeah.

Problems with every connection for PC.

Optical-

Game support

Hdmi-

Multi monitor problems

Multi channel-

No processing.

The main problem probably is that receivers are not made for PC's.

Yeah.

Problems with every connection for PC.

Optical-

Game support

Hdmi-

Multi monitor problems

Multi channel-

No processing.

The main problem probably is that receivers are not made for PC's.

That is the unfortunate truth. They are made for home theater surround sound.

Multi channel might be worth investigating. There might be software/drivers that does the processing at your PC before transmitting the separate channels.

But yeah it's a pain compared to a boxed speaker set.

That is the unfortunate truth. They are made for home theater surround sound.

Multi channel might be worth investigating. There might be software/drivers that does the processing at your PC before transmitting the separate channels.

But yeah it's a pain compared to a boxed speaker set.

Yeah I can probably find some sort of software.

But so far multi channel works pretty well

Yeah I can probably find some sort of software.

But so far multi channel works pretty well

I switched back to 2 speakers with a sub, and an optical connection has been working well for me. I just kind of ran out of room with all the speakers for surround. It's like the most incredible thing I've heard, but it takes up way more space than I'd like. 

All games with multichannel support should work with Dolby Digital Live (or DTS Connect). You can give that a try, if you can.

I've used both for the longest time before I switched to HDMI.

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-digital-live.html

My motherboard doesn't have optical out.

My motherboard doesn't have optical out.

Oh okay. Not even SPDIF header pins?

Oh okay. Not even SPDIF header pins?

I dont beleive so.

its a 50$ AMD motherboard so....

Its really a bad motherboard, no VRM heatsink, cant OC.

Im lucky it has analoge out

I dont beleive so.

its a 50$ AMD motherboard so....

Its really a bad motherboard, no VRM heatsink, cant OC.

Im lucky it has analoge out

That's alright. Just maximize what you have with the right software. :)