Rapsberry Pi 2 additions (Plex)

Mr.Tech.Qc

Hey tech fans!

So ive bought myselft a raspberry PI 2, with the whole kit.

Ive made an SMB NAS and a print server with CUPS.

Is there anyone that tryed Plex on a rapsberry pi? Is it a good idea?

and send my any other server ideau to add to it if you have any! :D

from my experience plex in general is a bad idea...

its an awesome idea, but it doesnt play nice with some routers for some reason...

I haven't run Plex server on a pi, but it works pretty well as an XBMC frontend. Plex in general is awesome, I've never had any networking problems with it (I run it off my main system for uber on the fly encoding). I'm sure Plex would run ok on the pi, so long as you don't need video transcoding, it should handle audio transcoding fine tho.

Something I did setup was a Subsonic Music server / front end for my hifi system, which works super well. http://lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-a-private-streaming-mus-1583221462

Another cool server you could setup on the pi is Serviio, which is an awesome DLNA server.

As a server? Bad idea. Seeing as many actually use i5+ systems as dedicated plex servers.... If you are only doing a single SD stream, maybe. But then you'd need something to get it on the TV anyway. 

However, as an XBMC or other frontend - I don't doubt you could install plex and use it as a client. TADA: http://www.rasplex.com/

Since you already have a raspberry pi...give it a try. But if you didn't, i'd 100% tell you to get a Chromecast/FireTV Stick/Roku Stick/Nexus Player" rather than spend the money on a Pi for Plex. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200