Computer goes to black and restarts, freezes randomly in game among other.

Mood

Ok so this started Sunday I think. At first every now and then when I tried to joined a CSGO sever it would turn off and restart. Then when i ctrl-alt-delete in a game, my computer would go to a black screen with no way for me to get out of it other then restarting. Then every now and then my computer would just freeze and go to black and then restart. Then when I was playing payday 2, it hard freeze with it showing a brown screen with little black lines (I'll see if I got a picture of it) I did a virus scan and it found nothing. I'm leaning to a hardware issue but what?

Hardware

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor   
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard   
Memory: Kingston Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory   
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card   
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  

Has someone taken your faith?

Its real, the pain you feel. 

Probably related to graphics driver, try updating to the most recent one

Already updated

Sounds like it's a graphics related issue. Try reinstalling your graphics drivers first and if you can, testing another fresh install of windows on another drive if you have one. Run some graphically intensive programs for a while (e.g. Unigine Heaven or Valley) and see if you run into any issues.

If that doesn't solve the problem, or that issue comes up again while running graphically intensive programs, then I suspect your graphics card might be dying. See if you can swap it out for another card just to test whether or not that's actually the issue.

Also check your 12V rail voltages from within your BIOS just to make sure they're okay.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Sounds like it's a graphics related issue. Try reinstalling your graphics drivers first and if you can, testing another fresh install of windows on another drive if you have one. Run some graphically intensive programs for a while (e.g. Unigine Heaven or Valley) and see if you run into any issues.

If that doesn't solve the problem, or that issue comes up again while running graphically intensive programs, then I suspect your graphics card might be dying. See if you can swap it out for another card just to test whether or not that's actually the issue.

Also check your 12V rail voltages from within your BIOS just to make sure they're okay.

I got an old HD 6850. I'll swap them out to see if that's the problem. 

If that doesn't work you PSU might be failing so try another one.