What ports do Android cell phones use? (QoS router related)

Lotus

I currently have everything setup great for our home network. I have a roommate and have QoS setup by ports since that works very well, and it works great for any PC traffic. The problem is I don't know what ports his Android cell phone uses. Specifically for app updates and push notifications, especially incoming e-mail on his e-mail client. What ports do these use so I can adjust my QoS settings in my router? My ping spikes to 200-300 every once in a while due to his cell phone and I would like to fix this as it makes certain games like CS:GO unplayable.

how poor is your net if a phone makes your ping go up like that...

and i'm sure you could sniff out the ports with wireshark.

Ping != bandwidth.

It has to do with packet prioritization and QoS rules like that, which I can easily fix if I know the port numbers.

I currently have everything setup great for our home network. I have a roommate and have QoS setup by ports since that works very well, and it works great for any PC traffic. The problem is I don't know what ports his Android cell phone uses. Specifically for app updates and push notifications, especially incoming e-mail on his e-mail client. What ports do these use so I can adjust my QoS settings in my router? My ping spikes to 200-300 every once in a while due to his cell phone and I would like to fix this as it makes certain games like CS:GO unplayable.

A "phone" doesn't inherently use different port numbers, different services use different port numbers. HTTP uses port 80, HTTPS uses 443. There is a wiki page listing every well-known port number so if you need to know anything check their first. For the email you need to know what protocol the mail client uses, SMTP? POP3? IMAP? Also if a single phone is causing that much of a ping spike... I'm not sure what to say. Furthermore if you are configuring QoS just give your CS:GO priority, you don't really need to know anything about what everyone else is doing.

A "phone" doesn't inherently use different port numbers, different services use different port numbers. HTTP uses port 80, HTTPS uses 443. There is a wiki page listing every well-known port number so if you need to know anything check their first. For the email you need to know what protocol the mail client uses, SMTP? POP3? IMAP? Also if a single phone is causing that much of a ping spike... I'm not sure what to say. Furthermore if you are configuring QoS just give your CS:GO priority, you don't really need to know anything about what everyone else is doing.

Looks like the default port setting is highest, which is unfortunate. Also, as I stated, ping != bandwidth. This has to do with packet priorities and so on, so when my roommates cell phone generates a request for data all at once and my CS:GO is requiring only a small bandwidth at a trickle, the first request is fulfilled first, slightly delaying the CS:GO packets only a tiny fraction of a second, but again that really hurts my ping and makes the game momentarilly unplayable. Again, to reiterate, Ping is NOT bandwidth, and the two are not related except that they're both network related.

The smtp/pop3/imap helps though. I've now got those assigned to a lower priority and things should be good. Hopefully android updates are not something to worry about.