Windows 7 Windows Update Problem

FireFox

Hey Guys,

I have encounted a problem which is really pissing me off to say the least, I installed his Samsung 850 EVO and reinstalled with Windows 7 and the problem I've been having is with Windows Update. I've changed the setting that informs me of any new updates and when I go onto 'Check for updates' it just checks for updates, I've had it going for over 30 minutes now and still no sign of anything happening apart from the green bar moving.

Does anyone have any ideas because I've reinstalled both of my PC's and several of my mates and everything just works, I check for updates and it finds when but so far this still hasn't found any. I am also having this issue with my mums laptop which is also another fucking Toshiba. Mmm starting to see a pattern here.

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Hey Guys,

I have encounted a problem which is really pissing me off to say the least, I installed his Samsung 850 EVO and reinstalled with Windows 7 and the problem I've been having is with Windows Update. I've changed the setting that informs me of any new updates and when I go onto 'Check for updates' it just checks for updates, I've had it going for over 30 minutes now and still no sign of anything happening apart from the green bar moving.

Does anyone have any ideas because I've reinstalled both of my PC's and several of my mates and everything just works, I check for updates and it finds when but so far this still hasn't found any. I am also having this issue with my mums laptop which is also another fucking Toshiba. Mmm starting to see a pattern here.

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

The first update check takes a long time. Just be patient, it is registering your PC at the servers, sending hardware, activation and installed updates information, then downloads a huge list that is at least a megabyte.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

It's strange you're having a issue with a fresh install,run the windows update troubleshooter located somewhere in the control panel 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

The first update check takes a long time. Just be patient, it is registering your PC at the servers, sending hardware, activation and installed updates information, then downloads a huge list that is at least a megabyte.

I've heard about that online but all of my PC's have found a shitload of updates within 20 seconds

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It's strange you're having a issue with a fresh install,run the windows update troubleshooter located somewhere in the control panel 

I've already run it and it diagnoses the fact that there is a problem with the update feature or some shit but doesn't fix it. The only update installed is KB976902 and looking around online says that you shouldn't install it.

What I'm doing now is finding a program that will remove it and see if it will update as normal.

I've already run it and it diagnoses the fact that there is a problem with the update feature or some shit but doesn't fix it. The only update installed is KB976902 and looking around online says that you shouldn't install it.

What I'm doing now is finding a program that will remove it and see if it will update as normal.

Isn't there a direct method for doing so? 

b7e39f1efae4fbce258986d4ad7f3479.png

It's w10 but It should be in w7 as well 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Isn't there a direct method for doing so? 

b7e39f1efae4fbce258986d4ad7f3479.png

It's w10 but It should be in w7 as well 

There is nothing on the page to uninstall that update. I've looked everywhere.

There is nothing on the page to uninstall that update. I've looked everywhere.

I don't remember right now but there is a folder where windows collects up the windows update downloads/cache,you can try deleting that  or try again in safe mode 

Normally I get flooded with updates,with new installs.

By the way did you try restarting?

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

I don't remember right now but there is a folder where windows collects up the windows update downloads/cache,you can try deleting that  or try again in safe mode 

Normally I get flooded with updates,with new installs.

By the way did you try restarting?

Restarted a few times, tried safe mode and deleted the folder though can't remember what it is called. Followed steps online and still doesn't do anything. Goddamn I hate Toshiba

Restarted a few times, tried safe mode and deleted the folder though can't remember what it is called. Followed steps online and still doesn't do anything. Goddamn I hate Toshiba

Try downloading the windows update troubleshooter "let me do it for/automatic" fixer thing from microsoft website,a error would really be nice 

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_troubleshooter.html

I couldn't find it of their website,strange 

Edit

Sorry I am pretty lost to why it is taking so long,can't suggest anything anymore,on the bright side no error is a good thing

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Try downloading the windows update troubleshooter "let me do it for/automatic" fixer thing from microsoft website,a error would really be nice 

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_troubleshooter.html

I couldn't find it of their website,strange 

Edit

Sorry I am pretty lost to why it is taking so long,can't suggest anything anymore,on the bright side no error is a good thing

No worries mate, I'm comletely baffled as well lol

Try turning the machine off and back on again.  Also, go ahead and click the little "Check for Microsoft updates" thing.  That will usually jog it.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Try turning the machine off and back on again.  Also, go ahead and click the little "Check for Microsoft updates" thing.  That will usually jog it.

I've done that several times, still the same result.

I've done that several times, still the same result.

Then I have to wonder if the install itself went bad in some capacity.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Then I have to wonder if the install itself went bad in some capacity.

It is possible but I have done two Toshiba laptops which have the same issue. My laptop, desktop my girlfriends desktop and laptop along with my other friends laptop was never a problem. I keep thinking it may be a Toshiba thing but then keep trying to work out if that is even possible, I hate being stupid lol

It is possible but I have done two Toshiba laptops which have the same issue. My laptop, desktop my girlfriends desktop and laptop along with my other friends laptop was never a problem. I keep thinking it may be a Toshiba thing but then keep trying to work out if that is even possible, I hate being stupid lol

If every other time you've done it seems to be fine, then its at least not the install media.  Give the install another shot.  Sometimes things just dont go well.  Let me know if you need or want more help, and let me know if that solves your problem.

Spoiler

If every other time you've done it seems to be fine, then its at least not the install media.  Give the install another shot.  Sometimes things just dont go well.  Let me know if you need or want more help, and let me know if that solves your problem.

Will do mate! cheers :)

Download the "System Update Readiness Tool" from Microsoft, it is a large download (over 500MB), I've used it twice in the last week to fix Windows Updates problems on Win7 machines at work.