PC System

Naruto

Hey guys,

I want to build a good gaming pc. I thought I would take these parts:

- Intel Core i5 4670K

- MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

- 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600

- MSI GTX N770 Twinfrozr 2 GB

- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W  (I want to buy one more graphics card later for surround gaming with 3 monitors)

- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200, Sata 6

- Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256 GB

- Corsair H100i (+ the quiet fans)

- NZXT Phantom 630

-  + a DVD Drive from Asus or Samsung

What do you guys think ? Is this a good system ?

Yup good, you mean SP120's as the "quiet fans" on the H100i?

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

yes that is a good system! i would get 8 gigs of ram instead, since 16 isnt really needed for gaming

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Nice, but do not get the 16gbs of ram unless you will use it, I have 16gbs for game servers so I can host and game with friends, if you don't plan on hosting a lot (I mean a really large amount) do NOT get that much ram.

And unless you plan on getting another gpu soon do not go for the 850w, for exmaple I have an 850w but plan on getting another 660ti, so that is why I have it.

Basically 16gbs and 850w are both overkill and a waste unless you plan to use it

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

Seems perfect to me! I would shave off 8GB of RAM though ;)

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Yup good, you mean SP120's as the "quiet fans" on the H100i?

exactly ^^

yes that is a good system! i would get 8 gigs of ram instead, since 16 isnt really needed for gaming

Im a person who has many videos open in Chrome, so I really need 16gb ram, trust me ^^

Im a person who has many videos open in Chrome, so I really need 16gb ram, trust me ^^

I dont think many videos in chrome can even take up 4 gigs

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

flash/java will break down before you run out of ram, sorry to say. :P

even if you have 10 tabs open, various random programs running, 1 game running, listening to music etc, you will still have some good headroom with 8 gigs

Hey guys,

I want to build a good gaming pc. I thought I would take these parts:

- Intel Core i5 4670K

- MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

- 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600

- MSI GTX N770 Twinfrozr 2 GB

- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W  (I want to buy one more graphics card later for surround gaming with 3 monitors)

- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200, Sata 6

- Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256 GB

- Corsair H100i (+ the quiet fans)

- NZXT Phantom 630

-  + a DVD Drive from Asus or Samsung

What do you guys think ? Is this a good system ?

By part:

The 4670k is good if you do not want to overclock. Oh wait. It's a K series processor. That does not make any sense. Hmm, this is a hard choice. Simply because if you have the Z87 chipset, you can upgrade later to the new line of CPUs that will utilize the LGA 1150 chipset. However, buying the 4670k is sort of a waste because you cannot overclock it very well. 

If you care about upgrading to the next CPU line, get the 4670k. Get the 4570 instead if you do not want to overclock but want to be ready for the new CPUs, or you can get the 3570k and just ride it out until the LGA 1150 socket is dead and a new one springs up if you want to overclock but do not want to bother with the LGA 1150 socket.

Good gaming motherboard.

Plenty of RAM. 4x4GB or 2x8GB? Do not cut down on the RAM. That is a good amount for future anything. Trust me. If it is 4x4GB, I suggest getting 2x8GB simply so you can upgrade later if needed.

Good choice in GPU. However, I would wait until the 9970's drop in October to see if a price cut comes, as it very likely will.

Good PSU. Plenty for SLI/Crossfire later.

Storage is fine. Although I would recommend the Kingston 256GB SSDNow V200 series SSD. Kingston gets their hardware from Samsung for SSDs, so it is essentially the same SSD but with a different shell and it is also cheaper.

The rest is good. I own the Original Crafted Series Phantom myself. I love it. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Pretty sure that chrome is capped, and even it if isn't it would take like 300 tabs to hit anywhere worth getting 1gbs for...

Also you don't need an 850w psu for 1 gpu, I would get a really nice less power gpu in its place, like corsair

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

By part:

The 4670k is good if you do not want to overclock. Oh wait. It's a K series processor. That does not make any sense. Hmm, this is a hard choice. Simply because if you have the Z87 chipset, you can upgrade later to the new line of CPUs that will utilize the LGA 1150 chipset. However, buying the 4670k is sort of a waste because you cannot overclock it very well. 

If you care about upgrading to the next CPU line, get the 4670k. Get the 4570 instead if you do not want to overclock but want to be ready for the new CPUs, or you can get the 3570k and just ride it out until the LGA 1150 socket is dead and a new one springs up if you want to overclock but do not want to bother with the LGA 1150 socket.

Good gaming motherboard.

Plenty of RAM. 4x4GB or 2x8GB? Do not cut down on the RAM. That is a good amount for future anything. Trust me. If it is 4x4GB, I suggest getting 2x8GB simply so you can upgrade later if needed.

Good choice in GPU. However, I would wait until the 9970's drop in October to see if a price cut comes, as it very likely will.

Good PSU. Plenty for SLI/Crossfire later.

Storage is fine. Although I would recommend the Kingston 256GB SSDNow V200 series SSD. Kingston gets their hardware from Samsung for SSDs, so it is essentially the same SSD but with a different shell and it is also cheaper.

The rest is good. I own the Original Crafted Series Phantom myself. I love it. :D

What do you mean by "you can't overclock it very well" ?

What do you mean by "you can't overclock it very well" ?

Haswell has a reputation for being bad at overclocking because it gets so hot so fast. The 4670k particularly. You can expect a stable clock of 4.2GHz. Anything over that is based on silicon lottery, modding, and cooling beyond the stock cooler.

In comparison, a 3570k can usually hit 4.5GHz without needing any extra help overclocking and will run the same temperature when under load as the 4670k at 4.2GHz (hot). 

That is what I mean.

Also you don't need an 850w psu for 1 gpu, I would get a really nice less power gpu in its place, like corsair

Do you even fully read the posts? He said he wants to SLI later. So you suggesting this multiple times is kinda pointless. Sorry, but he said it in the OP, so I do not know why you keep suggesting it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

And the part about chrome: if I buy 8gb ram, then Windows 7 would take 1gb, and the videos in chrome maybe 4gb, then I would only have 3gb for playing games. And I don't think thats enough, especially not, if I am going to play with 3 monitors.

And sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany :D

And the part about chrome: if I buy 8gb ram, then Windows 7 would take 1gb, and the videos in chrome maybe 4gb, then I would only have 3gb for playing games. And I don't think thats enough, especially not, if I am going to play with 3 monitors.

And sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany :D

Having 3 monitors matters for your VRAM. That is the RAM on your GPU. Though how that interacts with your System RAM, I do not know. It could matter. Not sure.

As for the videos, I assume you would have Chrome open even while playing games? I do this. I have 3 monitors and 1 plays a video while 1 is used for gaming and the other is used for reading/productivity things. 

Stick with 16GB of RAM. Preferably 2x8GB sticks. 

† Christian Member †

Haswell has a reputation for being bad at overclocking because it gets so hot so fast. The 4670k particularly. You can expect a stable clock of 4.2GHz. Anything over that is based on silicon lottery, modding, and cooling beyond the stock cooler.

In comparison, a 3570k can usually hit 4.5GHz without needing any extra help overclocking and will run the same temperature when under load as the 4670k at 4.2GHz (hot). 

That is what I mean.

Do you even fully read the posts? He said he wants to SLI later. So you suggesting this multiple times is kinda pointless. Sorry, but he said it in the OP, so I do not know why you keep suggesting it.

I am about 99% sure that he edited that in, seeing as I read his post in the first place looking to see why he had an 850 for that. And if it was there that is my bad I must have missed it, however either way you really didn't need to be rude about it...

Having 3 monitors matters for your VRAM. That is the RAM on your GPU. Though how that interacts with your System RAM, I do not know. It could matter. Not sure.

As for the videos, I assume you would have Chrome open even while playing games? I do this. I have 3 monitors and 1 plays a video while 1 is used for gaming and the other is used for reading/productivity things. 

Stick with 16GB of RAM. Preferably 2x8GB sticks. 

I want to play over 3 monitors, so chrome shoud have the videos in the background.

I am about 99% sure that he edited that in, seeing as I read his post in the first place looking to see why he had an 850 for that. And if it was there that is my bad I must have missed it, however either way you really didn't need to be rude about it...

You missed it, but it doesn't matter ^^

I want to play over 3 monitors, so chrome shoud have the videos in the background.

You missed it, but it doesn't matter ^^

Egh, sorry my brain is a bit fried >.<

And yea, it would make sense to have extra ram if you are running a ton of chrome tabs with videos and such.

And by the way, your english is better than most people on the internet (even people who have english as a first language) :P

Egh, sorry my brain is a bit fried >.<

And yea, it would make sense to have extra ram if you are running a ton of chrome tabs with videos and such.

And by the way, your english is better than most people on the internet (even people who have english as a first language) :P

Haha, thanks ^^

So, I'll take 16gb ram, it's even better for the future, if I want to upgrade my memory or something like that.

flash/java will break down before you run out of ram, sorry to say. :P

even if you have 10 tabs open, various random programs running, 1 game running, listening to music etc, you will still have some good headroom with 8 gigs

I guess you are right, but I can't really say, if Java is failing or my memory on my laptop (4gb) :D

I guess you are right, but I can't really say, if Java is failing or my memory on my laptop (4gb) :D

If you find a good deal on some ram I say go for it, but don't break the bank for the 16gbs, I use my extra gigs quite a bit (for example I will game and dedicate a few gigs to host a server for me and my friends to mess around on.

If you find a good deal on some ram I say go for it, but don't break the bank for the 16gbs, I use my extra gigs quite a bit (for example I will game and dedicate a few gigs to host a server for me and my friends to mess around on.

Hmmm, so anyway, 16gb ram are never wrong :D

But I have one big question left. I already asked some people about this: I showed them my system which I'm going tu buy, and my RAM was at a speed of 1866mhz. They told me, that this Ram-speed will slow down my PC. So they told me to take 1600mhz. Is that right ?

Hmmm, so anyway, 16gb ram are never wrong :D

But I have one big question left. I already asked some people about this: I showed them my system which I'm going tu buy, and my RAM was at a speed of 1866mhz. They told me, that this Ram-speed will slow down my PC. So they told me to take 1600mhz. Is that right ?

1866 is faster than 1600, the increase really isn't that big so maybe they meant you would save some money? I have 1600 ram and it runs plenty fast for me, and 1866 is a slight improvement, not sure why they would say that :/