How are YouTube ads appearing?!

Fgtfv567

I've had 2 different adblock extensions for a long time and I've never seen a YouTube ad. Today, I see tons of them on practically every vid I see. I get sick of this and get a 3RD extension with the same problem. How on earth is YouTube able to get past all these extensions?!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Just like Ad-Block Plus, google pays the devs or w/e to let some of their ads to be unblocked.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

I've had 2 different adblock extensions for a long time and I've never seen a YouTube ad. Today, I see tons of them on practically every vid I see. I get sick of this and get a 3RD extension with the same problem. How on earth is YouTube able to get past all these extensions?!

It is one advertisement that you can choose to skip after 5 seconds.  It helps the people that spend time to make the video make ends meet.  Not that big of a deal.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

It is one advertisement that you can choose to skip after 5 seconds.  It helps the people that spend time to make the video make ends meet.  Not that big of a deal.

I haven't seen one whole skip ad button the entire day today. And I've probably watched at least 10-20 vids

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Yup, I hate ads that don't pertain to me as much as the next guy but, If it means helping out Linus and other YouTuber's That I support then it's okay.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Maybe its the 2 adblock extensions you got conflicting with each other?   Like stated above google does pay adblockplus(i think it was) to show some of their ads.

I get none with ABP myself, although ive heard good things about ublock, maybe give that a try.

It has to do with the new version of Chrome 45 according to AdBlock support, so I'm guessing they are working on it. You make it sound like it's the end of the world, just watch a few adds and support the people you like to watch.

I always pause AdBlock when watching YouTube to support the channels.

Maybe its the 2 adblock extensions you got conflicting with each other? Like stated above google does pay adblockplus(i think it was) to show some of their ads.

I get none with ABP myself, although ive heard good things about ublock, maybe give that a try.

How would the extension conflict with one another?

How would the extension conflict with one another?

Idk sometimes stuff just dont work together xD could be entirely something different tho.   I use adblock plus with privacy badger(more geared towards trackers than ads) and im about to get rid of it because it seems to mess up ABP.   

According to a post I've seen somewhere today, if you uninstall the YouTube app from Chrome, it fixes the ads not blocked being by ADP or others. The version 45 of Chrome has something changed.

No ads here...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

If you have a playlist open in fullscreen ad-block stops working. If you have auto-play on in fullscreen the same thing happens. I think it has to do with how youtube handles playlist and advertising. (Just normal Adblock not +)

Lord of Helium.