Hearing myself through my headset

DrtyDiesel

So, I've been looking all over google and reading through forums but no one seems to have a solution to what I'm looking to do.

When I plug in my headset, and click on "Listen to this device" in the properties of the mic, I can hear myself in the headset, but there's a slight delay and on top of that, there's a bad echo that makes me sound horrible.

I'm trying to do some YouTube videos for BF4 and CSGo but no one will want to listen to echo.

Just for reference, my headset is made by Razr and has the one cord that plugs into the adapter that allows me to plug in the mic and speakers(red and green) into the mobo.

I plugged in my turtle beach headset (USB) and at first there was no delay or echo, then I started recording the echo came back.

I just have no idea where to go from here. Maybe buy a professional mic and USB headset? I did read that analog has a delay but usb usually doesn't.

maybe do a recording to clarify the issue

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Well, as far as I know, doing it the way you are there will always be some sort of delay or echo. 

However if you have a mic, something like a Blue Yeti where you can plug your headset directly into the mic, that works pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Syba DAC has this feature in the included VIA software, with no delay.

This is a hardware issue, so you won't fix it without buying some kind of extra device

• 2 weeks later...

Im using a razr headset, its plugged inot the analog port on the motherboard.

I'll look into buying a good mic that may fix it. I appreciate yall's help!!!

I'll look into buying a good mic that may fix it. I appreciate yall's help!!!

Only if the Mic has a headphone port and you plug in your headset will that be a solution.