Best camera lens for youtube $150 aud for Nikon D3300

YT2002

I want to buy a nikon d3300 one day and want to know what to know which is the best lens for the Nikon D3300 for $150. I want to get that blurred background effect

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

If youre going to be recording video, go with Canon. Nikons video features are gimped. As for the lens, the kit lens works fine unless youre going to be doing really close up macros.

If youre going to be recording video, go with Canon. Nikons video features are gimped. As for the lens, the kit lens works fine unless youre going to be doing really close up macros.

Ok. What alternative is there to the d3300. It needs to be $400 without lens

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Theres the Canon EOS SL1. It is the same sensor as the T5i, but comes in a smaller form factor and lacks a few features such as the flip-out LCD. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-Digital-18-55mm-Lens/dp/B00BW6LY2Y

Ok. Is the t5i more expensive? Because the flip out screen would be a big help

I have an SL1 and T5i. They are essentially the same except for the flip screen. Depending on the retailers, the SL1 runs 50-100 less than the T5i

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

I want to buy a nikon d3300 one day and want to know what to know which is the best lens for the Nikon D3300 for $150. I want to get that blurred background effect

Read the guide first

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440065-guide-dslr-or-video-camera-work-in-progress/

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Ok. Is the t5i more expensive? Because the flip out screen would be a big help

The T5i is more expensive, but you can find them on sale. I got my T5i about a month ago for $499.99 and I love it. The T5i would totally be worth it

50mm 1.8

A myth.

not at all actually. as they come out of the box? sure, but you cant use magic lantern on a nikon. With magic lantern you can get features like zebras and focus peaking that you would otherwise not have.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

50mm 1.8

not at all actually. as they come out of the box? sure, but you cant use magic lantern on a nikon. With magic lantern you can get features like zebras and focus peaking that you would otherwise not have.

Not to mention that Nikon had a tendency to be inconsistent with the video capabilities implemented in their cameras, though I'm sure they have improved things since then. (My Nikon cameras are a couple of years old.)

However investing in a Canon camera makes more sense for another reason: Their lenses are EF mount.  Which means they can be used on non-Canon cameras that also use EF mounts.  The video camera industry is now dominated by 4 major lens mounts.

1. PL mounts for high end cameras, as PL mounts are stronger and robust enough to support heavy cinema lenses.

2. EF mounts (Black Magic cameras, Canon cameras, some RED cameras)

3. E mounts (mainly Sony)

4. B4 mounts used by specialized broadcasting cameras.

Certainly a Nikon F-mount can be used on non-Nikon cameras using an adapter and the flange distance is less than Nikon cameras, however it will turn all the Nikon lenses into manual lenses.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Dimitri from hardware Canucks uses a Sigma 18-35mm lens:

https://youtu.be/2dKy5VmKTOk?t=3m25s

Thats an $800 lens. OP wants a $150 lens.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I would suggest getting the d5000 series camera if video is what you want. They are the same price with d3300. For lens, I would suggest buying a 35mm, 50mm or 85mm. If you have a big room, I would get that 85mm for better bokeh and a nice blur in the background. If not, I would get the other wider PRIME ones. Invest in your lenses more than your camera body.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Canon 600D or T3i same camera different names in EU and US. I have one, it's awesome and prime lens for it are cheap, I'd recommend the 600D body for like $300ish and than a 24mm 2.8 STM which will be extremely quiet since it has an STM motor, so you wont hear any AF noise in the video. Also, since the 600D is a crop sensor just like the T5i etc. You multiply the focal length by 1.6x because Canon has a 1.6x crop factor. So 24mm sounds quite wide but in reality it is 24 x 1.6 = 38.4 so the 24mm gives you an equivalent focal length of say 40mm if we were to round up. Also, if you're looking for bokeh, I believe the Canon 50mm 1.8 is currently one of the better and still very cheap lenses to get Bokeh at, but again, a 50mm 1.8 will be the equivalent of 80mm. It would be a good idea in my opinion to get a kit lens as well, specifically the 18-55. 

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Nikon ATM does still have inferior video capabilites compare to Canon UNLESS, you go into FF or the mirrorless of the brands then ATM Nikon is winning (EOSM seriesvs. ONE V series/ 5DMK3 vs. D750).

Anyways back to recommendations something like a used Canon 60D + 50mm F/1.8 is a good starter for video