need two pair of headphones

Odde

okay so heres the thing.

i need two pairs of headphones, ones in the 200-250 dollar range that will be used at my desktop and a asus stx. been looking at beyerdynamic dt770 and similar headphones.

the second is good headphones for 100-150 dollars for my ipod when im on the go.

my demands are, they have to be closed, good audio of course, and detachable cable on both headphones.

i can live without detachable on the desktop ones but it is a must on the portable headphones because the cable on those usually takes more beat.

thanks for your help and time its much appreciated,

Odde

Case: Fractal Design Arc V2, CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz, COOLER: Noctua Nh-D14, GPU: Sapphire Radeon Hd7970 Vapor-X 3GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 16GB,

PSU: Fractal Design Newton R3 800W Plantinum, SSD: Samsung Basic 840- 120GB, HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Fans: 3x Fractal r2 Silent series 140mm, 2x Corsair AF 140mm.

Or something like Bowers and Wilkins P5 (or P3's) for music they are awesome! B&W for the win!

dt770 is a great pair of headphones, if you want something on the go go with smething like ATH-M50s / or the new HM5 for your on the go setup. (These are normaly the best in the price bracket)

why don't you get something usable for both situations like a shure srh-940?

because i am curoius how headphones at higher impedances sounds and i will be buying blue spark microphone and would like a good pair of headphones for it. but the shures looks like an awesome portable headphones;) thanks for your reply!

Case: Fractal Design Arc V2, CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz, COOLER: Noctua Nh-D14, GPU: Sapphire Radeon Hd7970 Vapor-X 3GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 16GB,

PSU: Fractal Design Newton R3 800W Plantinum, SSD: Samsung Basic 840- 120GB, HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Fans: 3x Fractal r2 Silent series 140mm, 2x Corsair AF 140mm.

Or something like Bowers and Wilkins P5 (or P3's) for music they are awesome! B&W for the win!

havent heard of then and will check them out, thanks for your reply!

dt770 is a great pair of headphones' date=' if you want something on the go go with smething like ATH-M50s / or the new HM5 for your on the go setup. (These are normaly the best in the price bracket)[/b']

i will check those headphones out, thank you for answering!

You don't usually get many closed headphones aside from Beyerdynamic with high impedance. I can understand what your saying' date=' you've got an amped soundcard and you want to see what the benefit is. ​In any case my recommendations would be: Desktop: AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio - http://www.amazon.com/AIAIAI-TMA-1-S...eywords=aiaiai Audio technica A900X - http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...keywords=a900x Portable: V-Moda Crossfade M80 - http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfa...=crossfade+lp2 KRK 8400 - http://www.amazon.com/KRK-KNS8400-St...words=krk+8400

the v modas is pretty sexy headphones i have to say, too bad i cant find them in a local store:(