Best Sub $100 AMD CPU/APU for HTPC/Workstation

I am on a budget build and think I will go Team Red. I know Intel is better, but want your thoughts on the best sub $100 AMD Cpu/APU for a HTPC/Workstation. Thanks.

I am on a budget build and think I will go Team Red. I know Intel is better, but want your thoughts on the best sub $100 AMD Cpu/APU for a HTPC/Workstation. Thanks.

I'd go with an FX-4100 or something with a decent motherboard and cheap GPU if I were going with the Red team.

If going with the Blue team, go with a cheap i3 or Pentium G3258 and overclock it a bit?

Sig under construction.

I'd go with an FX-4100 or something with a decent motherboard and cheap GPU if I were going with the Red team.

If going with the Blue team, go with a cheap i3 or Pentium G3258 and overclock it a bit?

It's 2015 why are you recommending Bulldozer? Atleast recommend piledriver.  

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

um maybe an a10 apu

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

It's 2015 why are you recommending Bulldozer? Atleast recommend piledriver.  

What? They made a piledriver Fx4?

Oh.

Yeah, 4350 then.

Sig under construction.

If near a microcenter I got my A10 7850k with an A68HM motherboard for 110 bucks. In store only. If not check with Best buy if their price match guarantee applies to combos.

There are other APU combos too. A10 is kinda overkill for an HTPC. I use it for my main gaming rig.