4790k at 1.38v? Non-24/7 use

I heard 1.3v and less is safe, but I figure that I'm going to sell this chip on ebay after 1 year anyway, so 1.38v should be good right?

Also, what is a good overclock?

So far I have:

5.0ghz 1 core

4.9ghz 2 core

4.8ghz 3 core

4.7ghz 4 core

4.0ghz uncore

Computer seems to run great, no errors or artifacts

Should I push for more? I don't need it to be stable 24/7, just for gaming a couple hours every day

I heard 1.3v and less is safe, but I figure that I'm going to sell this chip on ebay after 1 year anyway, so 1.38v should be good right?

Also, what is a good overclock?

So far I have:

5.0ghz 1 core

4.9ghz 2 core

4.8ghz 3 core

4.7ghz 4 core

4.0ghz uncore

Computer seems to run great, no errors or artifacts

Should I push for more? I don't need it to be stable 24/7, just for gaming a couple hours every day

you aint gonna make much on that cpu if you hammer it you do know this right? people will need to know how hard its been used, you cant lie to them, bit unfair. I really wouldnt keep it  at that voltage, why do you need it that high? do you render etc and what cooler.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

you aint gonna make much on that cpu if you hammer it you do know this right? people will need to know how hard its been used, you cant lie to them, bit unfair. I really wouldnt keep it  at that voltage, why do you need it that high? do you render etc and what cooler.

No rendering, just light gaming. I'm not sure if 1.38v is that bad anyway. They said under 1.4v is won't hurt it too bad. I almost never use it at 100%.

It's also watercooled with H110i GTX plus I keep a strong 12 inch fan on the whole computer

I'm going to try to go for 5.2 on one of the cores

No rendering, just light gaming. I'm not sure if 1.38v is that bad anyway. They said under 1.4v is won't hurt it too bad. I almost never use it at 100%.

It's also watercooled with H110i GTX plus I keep a strong 12 inch fan on the whole computer

I'm going to try to go for 5.2 on one of the cores

then dont overclock it, its really unnecessary. 

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

whoops 5.2ghz wouldn't even load me into bios had to reset!

I lowered it to 1.36v and 5.0ghz turbo works fine

whoops 5.2ghz wouldn't even load me into bios had to reset!

I lowered it to 1.36v and 5.0ghz turbo works fine

did you do that watermelon in your pic? :D

did you do that watermelon in your pic? :D

I didn't make it but I found it on google, great isn't it?

I lowered it to 1.36v and got blue screen so I put it back at 1.385v, works great again

I didn't make it but I found it on google, great isn't it?

I lowered it to 1.36v and got blue screen so I put it back at 1.385v, works great again

its pretty epic xD