Can I do 3 way xfire?

Ok so this is my current board (www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4144#sp), and I'm looking to use it for 3way xfire.

From what I see gigabyte recommend only 2 way xfire but with the 3 x16 slots I assume 3 way would be possible? and with not much of a performance decrease when considering they would all be running at pcie 3.0 x4 (or pcie 2.0 8x)?

can I run 3 way xfire?

Would there be a major performance decrease from the lack of bandwidth?

Is there any other problems with doing this? Please help!

Ok so this is my current board (www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4144#sp), and I'm looking to use it for 3way xfire.

From what I see gigabyte recommend only 2 way xfire but with the 3 x16 slots I assume 3 way would be possible? and with not much of a performance decrease when considering they would all be running at pcie 3.0 x4 (or pcie 2.0 8x)?

can I run 3 way xfire?

Would there be a major performance decrease from the lack of bandwidth?

Is there any other problems with doing this? Please help!

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I want to know if it can be done, I wasn't asking for recommendations :/

Well, it can be done (I think) because CFX supports 4x bandwidth.

Microstuttering is not fixed (yet) for more than 2 cards.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

You shouldn't do it because of the power consumption and the heat output

better buy one or two better graphic cards than buying 2 the same as the one you have now.

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Don't i repeat don't go more then 2 way unless you are getting an X79 board for intel. The bandwidth is low, there are driver issues. You will get all sorts of problems and in the end you will have no choice but donate the gpu to me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

3 way xfire never had micro stutter problems

Are you sure about that? There were huge microstutter problems with Crossfire before the driver update, but that only fixed 2 way.

I have been proved wrong.

3 way xfire never had micro stutter problems

Afterthat issue comes frame rating stuff.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

From what I read on frame-rating, microstutter ect. 2way was the problem and 3way would run similar to a single card.....

Well, it can be done (I think) because CFX supports 4x bandwidth.

Microstuttering is not fixed (yet) for more than 2 cards.

From what i read in other forums,adding the 3rd card actually eliminate micro-shuttering.

Added tom hardware testing link that says 3rd card will eliminate micro shuttering

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995.html

"The performance of three- and four-way CrossFire setups not only surprised us, but also managed to utterly convince us that micro-stuttering doesn't have to affect your multi-GPU configuration. For some reason, the third GPU almost always eliminates micro stuttering and has a less-pronounced effect on performance."

Added tom hardware testing link that says 3rd card will eliminate micro shuttering

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995.html

Edited my post I made earlier.