Toolbar sizes for multiple monitors

MVPernula

I have an Asus VG248QE and an Asus PB287Q. I want to use the 1080p screen as my main display and my 4K as secondary as it will act for productivity and not gaming. Everything is smooth and works fine, but the icons and toolbar on my 4K is VERY small and I can't seem to fix it just for that screen. If I try to change the size it goes for all screens, am I doomed to live with this or can I change the size just for my 4K Display?

Win 8.1

Are you on Win 10?

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Have you looked at your graphics drivers to see if there's an option for it?

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Have you looked at your graphics drivers to see if there's an option for it?

Yep, nothing!

Windows 8 and 10 supports per monitor DPI.

Right-click on your desktop, select "Screen resolution". A panel will show. On that panel, click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller", then increase the slider bar. Bellow it, you have the option to choose a DPI settings for all monitor (Windows 7 engine), or per monitor.

Click Apply, and you need to restart your system or sign out and sign back in to apply properly the changes. If not, depending on your settings, the changes will not be visible, or appear blurry.

Windows 8 and 10 supports per monitor DPI.

Right-click on your desktop, select "Screen resolution". A panel will show. On that panel, click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller", then increase the slider bar. Bellow it, you have the option to choose a DPI settings for all monitor (Windows 7 engine), or per monitor.

Click Apply, and you need to restart your system or sign out and sign back in to apply properly the changes. If not, depending on your settings, the changes will not be visible, or appear blurry.

Okay so I did this and checked the thing that says "let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" but it changes it over both of the monitors whether it's checked or unchecked.

Oh I am sorry. Windows 8 by default picks the best DPI for each screen (based on resolution per screen size). You can't manually force a DPI per monitor.

I am not sure if it has been improved under Windows 10, i don't have a dual screen setup.

Oh I am sorry. Windows 8 by default picks the best DPI for each screen (based on resolution per screen size). You can't manually force a DPI per monitor.

I am not sure if it has been improved under Windows 10, i don't have a dual screen setup.

Oh well okay then, I guess I'm doomed!

Can't help with DPI, but you can get DisplayFusion and customize 2nd screen task bar settings and fonts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv