PC ports that happen to be better on consoles?

PlayStation 2

You already should know what I'm talking about but if not, I mean PC ports that happen to be so bad that they're better to play on consoles.

Let's kick this off with Driver San Francisco. With its Uplay installer completely broken, effects that went missing in the transition from PS3/360 to PC and the lack of any graphic control (even anti-aliasing is barely there), it's pretty damn terrible. At least it runs reasonably well.

DID I MENTION THE MAC PORT IS BETTER THAN THE WINDOWS PORT

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Batman Arkham: Whateverthehelltheycalleditthistime

Wait, never mind. I took the question a different way.

Darksouls 1+2 are ridiculous bad on PC. I will never understand how this piece of shit Games got so good reputation on PC. 

Horrible Controlls, XBox tooltips!!, ridiculous Graphics. FROM are so lazy, its a shame they have such a success with this overhyped crap.

I regret every penny i spend on that.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Darksouls 1+2 are ridiculous bad on PC. I will never understand how this piece of shit Games got so good reputation on PC. 

Horrible Controlls, XBox tooltips!!, ridiculous Graphics. FROM are so lazy, its a shame they have such a success with this overhyped crap.

Well to be fair about the Xbox tooltips, Dark Souls is a piece of shit with a keyboard + mouse

Arkham Knight is the only example that comes to mind. It really has to be literally broken on PC for me to actually consider it better to play on a console.

Most of the time, "bad PC port" basically means "too close to the console experience." They're almost never truly worse.

Dark Souls is actually a good example. It was one of the worst PC ports in recent memory, but played on PC with a gamepad it's really no different to the Xbox 360/PS3 versions. And at least on PC you can mod it to work better.

^Yes. Dark Souls is completely unplayable for me. The controls are among the worst I've ever seen.

Arkham Knight is the only example that comes to mind. It really has to be literally broken on PC for me to actually consider it better to play on a console.

Most of the time, "bad PC port" basically means "too close to the console experience." They're almost never truly worse.

Saints Row 2. You know, that game that requires a triple core 3.2GHz processor to even properly run...

GTA 4 right off the bat, and some of the Saints Row games too

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

GTA 4 right off the bat, and some of the Saints Row games too

Ya GTA4 was pita at Release. Later it worked well.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Dark Souls 1 is debatable if it was better on console or PC.

It runs perfectly fine, just need a controller or you can rebind and map keys so play it with a keyboard and mouse. My experience with it on console was okay, just filled with cheaters.

At least on the PC port, you can kick them with WatchDog. Game runs 1080p 60FPS with no issues and looks amazing vs its counterpart, I've also been getting invasions more often then on PS3.

Dark Souls 2 is the only one I don't know about, I never cared for it.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

AC: Unity was a total mess on PC, but (aside framedrops) mostly playable on Console.

i7-4790k | Prolimatech Megahalems Red Series | VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Veangeance | MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G | 2x120GB Sandisk SSD | 1TB HDD | Seasonic G-Series 550W
Bitfenix Prodigy M red

Bully Scholarship Edition is an atrocity.  Constant video/audio desync, locked @ 30fps, limited graphical settings are among a few of the problems.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

Wouldn't know, haven't bought a console since the PS2.  :D

PS2 was the shit lol Sly cooper was badass

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

NBA 2k. It runs awesomely on PC. Typical PC setting choices like Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field, Anti Aliasing, resolution up to and beyond 4k etc. It also has mod support. But its so much better as an online title and thrives on its huge community on consoles. The community is completely barren on PC. So custom rosters and what not are few and far between on PC while there are hundreds of quality ones on PS4/XONE. More people to play online etc etc. And you can't face scan on PC. Makes getting the console version better even if you sacrifice graphics (2k on consoles runs at 60fps/1080p at least). 

AC: Unity was a total mess on PC, but (aside framedrops) mostly playable on Console.

If I remember correctly, AC: Unity experienced framerate drops into the high teens on the PS4. I wouldn't brush that aside. The PC version was terrible, but if you were willing to settle for 30 FPS I dare say it was still superior to the console versions.

Batman: Battlefield Unity

Hmm

Almost all AC games at launch

Ubisoft games

Ubisoft games

EA games

Ubisoft games

It's Dark Souls 1 that had issues on PC (all of which are easily fixed).

DS2 runs perfectly fine on PC, though. And the controller tooltips are there because the game is meant to be played with a controller. A keyboard is ridiculously uncomfortable and clunky for a third person action game.

DS2 runs perfectly fine on PC, though. And the controller tooltips are there because the game is meant to be played with a controller. A keyboard is ridiculously uncomfortable and clunky for a third person action game.

My sentiments exactly :P

When i play on PC i demand good M+K Controlls. I can play 3rd Person Games perfect with m+k. When you think DS2 is perfect on PC, we both live in two different Worlds. For me its a an insult to PC Gamers and FROM can gfts.

When i play on PC i demand good M+K Controlls. I can play 3rd Person Games perfect with m+k. When you think DS2 is perfect on PC, we both live in two different Worlds. For me its a an insult to PC Gamers and FROM can gfts.

Sure... force yourself through a game where accurate movement is essential with clunky 4-way movement and no control over how fast you go, then criticize the game for it. Not all games are meant to be played like an FPS, sir.

>complaining that a game like dark souls 2 wasn't built for keyboard and mouse