MSI GeForce GTX 660 TI PE, revision.

randrei

After almost 8 years with my current pc i finally decided it's time for an upgrade, and i have some questions about the videocard i'm choosing.

I heard the msi 660 ti pe had some overvolting problems witch caused the card to die early, but they fixed it with a new revision, and i'm wondering what version is the card i'm getting.

Since the website is not giving me much info i wonder if you guys can tell me if i'm getting the newer version:

provider website: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N660Ti-PE-2GD5-OC.html#?div=Overview

and code: n660ti pe 2gd5/oc

What exactly do i ask the guys that sell the card? Is this the new revision? or Is this card made after date x.

etc etc

Also, am I making any mistakes with this build?

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Buffer

Fans: 2x Akasa 120mm Blue Led Fans

Case: Corsair C70 Gunmetal Black

PSU: Corsair GS 600W Rev2

Since i'm poor as hell, I'm afraid that the videocard will die early like it happend to my 8500GT witch lasted about 4 years (it was good enough for any game, even finished crysis with it at reasonable settings) Now i'm using a 5570 :D

Thanks

Good looking machine but get at least a 60gb ssd and use it to cache your boot drive.

for the 660 to you will get the new version for sure

What will this PC be used for? If it is primarily a gaming rig, I would recommend not going with 16GB of RAM and just going with 8GB(2x4GB) and putting that $50 towards a 60GB SSD(as Linus has said) or putting it more towards a GTX 670.

thanks for the answers guys.

Yes the rig is for gaming and that makes alot of sense. I don't need all that ram. But i have another questions. Witch of these SSD's shod i get?

Local websites never upgrade their prices as parts leap generations, like a gtx 480 is still currently around 650$ on some sites.

http://www.dc-shop.ro/ssd_uri/ - press "pret" to sort them by price (i want the cheapest one that will meet my needs)

If the link brakes the 4.2 Advertising rule, please remove the link.

Thanks again for the answers