How do I just FOCUS on my work?

Flight1sim

I keep getting distracted, and I always tend to procrastinate, but I do work better under pressure. And I know for a fact many other members here procrastinate too, so my question; How do you deal with procrastination? 

Ik i've done a post similar to this before, but i got curious again

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I listen to music whenever i do any sort of work. Then i can focus. Even when doing math work etc i need music on.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

if i new i would tell you

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I keep getting distracted, and I always tend to procrastinate, but I do work better under pressure. And I know for a fact many other members here procrastinate too, so my question; How do you deal with procrastination? 

I wish I knew.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

if i new i would tell you

Much help

Such advice 

Very teach

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

DISCIPLINE

nothing works best. Set schedules and never stray from it, it will be hard no doubt. But the things you reap will be worthwhile in the end.

Maybe try drinking coffee, caffeine lets you focus more. But there are some exceptions since some people become anxious after drinking coffee.

as for me, I've been planning out my days since Highschool and I really get frustrated when I can't follow my plan

call me a control freak or whatever. 

These advice are pretty mainstream, but they do work but it requires a lot of willpower. 

Sometimes If ever I'm tempted to procrastinate I would tell myself "Effin loser you lost to your desires. You're effin weak!!!"

but then again I still procrastinate from time to time.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I'm a serious procrastinator, but this works for me:

Set a timer and work for 20 minutes then break for 5 minutes, and every third break should be 20 minutes. Also listen to music when you work, that helps.

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.4GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x41 | Motherboard: Asus z97-E | Case: Zalman Z11 Neo | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 2400MHz | Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 120GB Team Dark SSD |  OS: Windows 10 Pro

DISCIPLINE

nothing works best. Set schedules and never stray from it, it will be hard no doubt. But the things you reap will be worthwhile in the end.

Maybe try drinking coffee, caffeine lets you focus more. But there are some exceptions since some people become anxious after drinking coffee.

as for me, I've been planning out my days since Highschool and I really get frustrated when I can't follow my plan

call me a control freak or whatever. 

yeh, I get you. I try making a schedule, but I ALWAYS stray away from it. I get annoyed and by then it's too late to work on whatever it is that night. Also I drink a ton of coffee already, it DOES help a LOT

I'm a serious procrastinator, but this works for me:

Set a timer and work for 20 minutes then break for 5 minutes, and every third break should be 20 minutes. Also listen to music when you work, that helps.

Hey that's actually a really good idea! :D Thanks, I shall try that now

Leave this forum. It helps a lot.

I don't waste that much time here nowadays, it's mostly wasting time on youtube or chatting with people. 

I physically remove distractions.... eg.. I remove my headphones from room, shut off phone... go offline of any chat... this makes me less likely to get lost on the internet with youtube and links....,I do other things like close off doors, draw blinds.  In the end it is simply motivation to stay on topic.  If it has always been a serious problem than you may have some sort of attention issue ( not trying to be a dick or anything with that comment either, before someone gets offended)