Does Microsoft still give college students a discount on Windows?

Lotus

I tried looking in the microsoft store and dreamspark and couldn't find a version of Windows. I know they used to offer them to students for a very good price. I'm looking to obtain a copy legitimately through Microsoft, so have places like G2A ruined that?

Of course, I believe the price goes down to $69.99.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/edu

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

You could just buy off software swap lol

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Of course, I believe the price goes down to $69.99.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/edu

Already looked there and Windows isn't in there.

Thought so.

yes

Link?

You could just buy off software swap lol

No, I can't because I'm not an unethical douchebag (and also because software swap was closed due to legal reasons).

Are you in an IT program at college/uni/trade school/some highschools? I've got access to Win7-10, and Server2008-2012r2 (and Win10 variant when released), as well as many other software suites thanks to Dreamspark.

EDIT: Ask a teacher/professor if you guys are eligible for it. I was automagically enrolled, but some schools require you to request access.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

No, I can't because I'm not an unethical douchebag (and also because software swap was closed due to legal reasons).

>implying buying off software swap is unethical.

There's a different one.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

>implying buying off software swap is unethical.

There's a different one.

It IS unethical. Not only is it breaking TOS (EULA or whatever), it's exploiting licenses intended to enable people who wouldn't normally be able to afford Windows the ability to buy it.

Are you in an IT program at college/uni/trade school/some highschools? I've got access to Win7-10, and Server2008-2012r2 (and Win10 variant when released), as well as many other software suites thanks to Dreamspark.

EDIT: Ask a teacher/professor if you guys are eligible for it. I was automagically enrolled, but some schools require you to request access.

Thanks. I'm in CompSci and it looks like the department that has dreamspark access is CIS.

It IS unethical. Not only is it breaking TOS (EULA or whatever), it's exploiting licenses intended to enable people who wouldn't normally be able to afford Windows the ability to buy it.

explain plz

explain plz

Imagine this: some poor guy lines up at a soup kitchen for a free meal. He then walks outside and sells it for cash to a regular guy who wouldn't have qualified for the soup kitchen, and this regular guy only pays a very low price. Both the seller (the poor guy) and the buyer (you) get a good deal, but it's a complete waste of the soup kitchen's resources and unethical because you got something not intended for you and through fraudulent means (the poor guy is supposed to eat his own meal). This is what's happening when you buy keys off of G2A and so on, and why region locking is become more and more popular even though it's anti-consumer. Keys from poor markets like the 3rd world, which Microsoft discounts on purpose so people can actually use their products, are being re-sold through 3rd party marketplaces like G2A. If you buy one of these keys, you're basically the guy who is buying the meal off the poor guy who went to the soup kitchen.

TL:DR: look up grey markets. They're not throw-in-jail illegal, but they are of dubious legality and certainly against any Terms of Service or End User License Agreement.

Are you a uni student? When I was at uni they gave out free copies of most operating systems if you just ask your student rep. Most unis get huge multi licences so they can give out free operating systems and software it may be the same for schools as well can't hurt to ask.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass