I just got a Asus xonar u7 and modmic 4.0

As the title states I just got my xonar and modmic in the mail today and I've been testing the audio on the xonar and comparing it to my on-board and oddly enough my on-board audio sounds a lot better (even though it has a hissing noise) My xonar sounds like shit, it's almost so bad I'd rather deal with the hissing noise. and when I try to use my modmic 4.0 with it I get a crackilling noise so loud and so horrible, I felt like my eardrums were going to start bleeding. My drivers are up to date and I have no clue whats going on... is there something I can change in the setting and I'm being really stupid or is there something wrong with my xonar or modmic? also I tried to test my modmic with out the the xonar but it's not showing that my modmic is connected to my computer even though it is.

Thanks in advance.

Well, since one sound card doesn't recognize the Modmic and the other only barely works, I'd kinda want to point fingers at the mic. Even thou they're pretty high build quality, it's not impossible for them to have DOAs too. You should test it in other computers and other mics in yours.

All my other mics are total shit but they're headset mics so that explains that. I also get a crackling noise when I'm listening to a video so it might be my sound card... Or maybe it's both? And I'm just really unlucky...