quantum dot UHD LCD TVs for the masses

You keep repeating that. Just because you say so, does not make it fact.

QS LCD is not "garbage". It's objectively superior to current traditional LCD TV implementations.

No it's not as good as OLED, but that doesn't make it garbage by default.

A BMW M3 is "better" then a 3 series entry level BMW - but that doesn't make a 3 series BMW garbage.

And, if the cost predictions are true, then it will be one third the price of current OLED sets. It's a stop-gap measure until OLED becomes cheap enough for the average consumer. It's not replacing OLED, it's providing a nice improvement as an intermediary until OLED is actually ready for people to buy at an affordable price.

Well i heard predictions of QD TVs being 3/4 of equivalent spec OLED`s.

Thats what im going on.

Guess we are going to have to wait an see.

thats why i'm soo hesitant to upgrade 

Don't upgrade because something better might come out. With that mentality I'm surprised you don't still have a crt setup. Bite the bullet on a 4k monitor if you can get one that does 60hz for $350.00 or less. You'll enjoy the upgrade. 

Don't upgrade because something better might come out. With that mentality I'm surprised you don't still have a crt setup. Bite the bullet on a 4k monitor if you can get one that does 60hz for $350.00 or less. You'll enjoy the upgrade. 

I have a 8 year or so old Acer Al2423w 1920x1200 60hz VA panel, i'm more than happy to spend $1000 on a nice display but I want it to last for what its worth.16:10 again would be nice.