Will this Seagate SSHD fit in MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)?

BRabbit27

I was considering upgrading my mac's hard drive to a new one. At first I was thinking of going full SSD, but prices are high for high capacity. Then I notice this SSHD from Seagate and caught my attention http://www.amazon.com.mx/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440646410&sr=8-1&keywords=laptop+sshd

My question to you guys is if this is a good sshd that will without any problems fit correctly into my macbook pro 13"? If you have any other sshd recommendation I'm open to them!

yep, it will fit but you will get simmilar speeds as you would run a normal hdd that's why i would recommend a ssd with a capacity of at least 180gb or 256 if you can afford

also, why does it cost 1.3k??

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I was considering upgrading my mac's hard drive to a new one. At first I was thinking of going full SSD, but prices are high for high capacity. Then I notice this SSHD from Seagate and caught my attention http://www.amazon.com.mx/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440646410&sr=8-1&keywords=laptop+sshd

My question to you guys is if this is a good sshd that will without any problems fit correctly into my macbook pro 13"? If you have any other sshd recommendation I'm open to them!

First off I use this sshd and it's really worked well for me second yes it should work just fine

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

yep, it will fit but you will get simmilar speeds as you would run a normal hdd that's why i would recommend a ssd with a capacity of at least 180gb or 256 if you can afford

also, why does it cost 1.3k??

us to mexico currency 1 us dollar = 15 mexican pesos so its like $80 in us really

us to mexico currency 1 us dollar = 15 mexican pesos so its like $80 in us really

then i'd probably get something like this

http://www.amazon.com.mx/Sandisk-SDSSDA-240G-G25-SanDisk-Plus-240GB/dp/B00S9Q9VS4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1440647537&sr=8-4&keywords=ssd

or if the op can strech it's budget a litle, then this

http://www.amazon.com.mx/Samsung-250GB-850-EVO-cent%C3%ADmetro/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1440647537&sr=8-5&keywords=ssd

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

he said prices are high already plus import taxes on that and more will suck I have family that I send stuff to and well yea rip economy 

he said prices are high already plus import taxes on that and more will suck I have family that I send stuff to and well yea rip economy 

well, the sandisk ssd costs as much as the sshd so i think that he should get that

i know hot it is to have high prices on hardware...

here a 256gb ssd cost about $180 where in the us it costs $90

well, the sandisk ssd costs as much as the sshd so i think that he should get that

i know hot it is to have high prices on hardware...

here a 256gb ssd cost about $180 where in the us it costs $90

yea sucks that it happens but oh well economy 

Well thanks guys, I think I will go for the SSD option instead of the SSHD. I will get the samsung that ciprian97pop suggested and use my current HD as secondary storage. I assume there is no compatibility problems with my oldish Mac and this SATA III interface, right?