Will the R9 380 work on my system?

DTam

Hello i'm thinking about buying the NITRO R9 380 card but i have concerns regarding the comparability with my mobo gigabyte p55-ud3l and cpu intel i5-760

i'll get SeaSonic S12II Bronze 520W psu to power it.

i have a brand new power supply (xfx 430w) laying around due to incompatibility with the cpu TDP

so will this system work ?

yes

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

An r9 380 requires a 550W psu to properly run, but a good brand at ~500W should be able to power it without any problems.

max TDP 190w (is low)

you have 430w from a good line (is cool)

i think it will work fine  ^_^

you can underclock if you need (and not overclock it until you have a new PSU)  :ph34r:

max TDP 190w (is low)

you have 430w from a good line (is cool)

i think it will work fine  ^_^

you can underclock if you need (and not overclock it until you have a new PSU)  :ph34r:

max TDP 190w for what and underlock what the cpu ? 

also the 430w psu dosen't work with my cpu TDP which is 95w that's why i'm getting the 520w

1) max TDP 190w for what and underlock what the cpu ? 

2) also the 430w psu dosen't work with my cpu TDP which is 95w that's why i'm getting the 520w

1) the number is just a guide reference that give us the guys of techarp

2) my numbers are from the GPU only, and yours are for the entire machine

1) the number is just a guide reference that give us the guys of techarp

2) my numbers are from the GPU only, and yours are for the entire machine

yea sorry, on the sapphire site the Power Consumption is 225W, also the main issue here is the mobo and the cpu xfx 430w psu offers 82w for the 5.5v and 3.3v rails which is good for Haswell  but not 1st gen cpu the seasonic offers 130 which is plenty, thanks anyway.

yea sorry, on the sapphire site the Power Consumption is 225W, also the main issue here is the mobo and the cpu xfx 430w psu offers 82w for the 5.5v and 3.3v rails which is good for Haswell  but not 1st gen cpu the seasonic offers 130 which is plenty, thanks anyway.

don't worry friend, is true that a bigger psu is what we need

the trick to see the real performance of the psu is checking his "+12v amps number"

if you have a 500w psu with 10 amps, the psu is bad (is not ready for a big gpu)

if you have a 500w psu with 20 amps, the psu is ready for a good gpu (we are here i think)  :ph34r:

if you have a 500w psu with 30 amps, the psu is ready for a great gpu

if you have a 500w psu with 40 amps, the psu is ready for all GPUs

if you have a 500w psu with 70 amps, the psu is ready for CF and SLI gpu

and welcome to the forum new friend  ^_^

TDP and power draw are 2 completely different things >.<

The 390 will draw around 200W from a PSU but even with 430W it should theoretically work without OCs - if you want to OC then a 520W is preferable.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6