Motherboard Layout Problem

Go to solution Solved by Theo,

you could buy a 24pin extension?

Howdy.

Can you please give me some advice about my motherboard?

I'm using the Asus P5Q ; http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5Q/

And my power supply is the CX600M by Corsair

As you can see via the Asus link, the 24pin motherboard power is on the left hand side of the damn motherboard. This means I have to put the 24 pin cable all the way across the motherboard in order to give it power, and it looks really messy through my case side panel window. I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem and maybe resolved it. I tried routing the 24 pin cable from the top of the mobo down but it's too short.

So the cable goes from the right side to the left side of the motherboard into the connector making a mess. Please, help! Thanks.

Do you have any video cards installed? What you may be able to do is route the motherboard cable behind the video card(put the cable in first, and then install the graphics card). This'll help flatten it and keep it outta the way and keep it from looking ugly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

There is no way round it, something you will have to live with

As long as it works, i wouldn't worry about it.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

This

Bitfenix and NZXT have nice cable extensions.

EDIT: Oh that might not solve the problem.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

uh get a diferent mobo... 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

If you REALLY want to you can solder wires on the back of the mobo, but it's a tough job and in any case not really worth it. Wow a bad layout, what were they thinking off.  :huh:

Good plan. I honestly didn't know anyone made such things, but there's a bunch on Amazon. I could get a nice coloured one to match my build, too. Thank you very much! ;D

If you REALLY want to you can solder wires on the back of the mobo, but it's a tough job and in any case not really worth it. Wow a bad layout, what were they thinking off.  :huh:

Potentially that could work, but with all the wires already back there I don't know if I could fit the cable back there. Thanks for your opinion, though, and I agree that the layout is bad. It's a shame, too, because with my green cathodes the black pcb and asus labelled heatsinks look really good /:

uh get a diferent mobo... 

Unfortunately for me, that's not an option.

This

Bitfenix and NZXT have nice cable extensions.

EDIT: Oh that might not solve the problem.

Yeah, I think that would work :) I'm thinking about grabbing a green one from Bitfenix :3 Thanks!

Do you have any video cards installed? What you may be able to do is route the motherboard cable behind the video card(put the cable in first, and then install the graphics card). This'll help flatten it and keep it outta the way and keep it from looking ugly.

Unfortunately I believe that the cable, with its black cover, is too thick to route behind the graphics card. Thanks, though.

Unfortunately for me, that's not an option.

why if i may ask 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Yeah, I think that would work :) I'm thinking about grabbing a green one from Bitfenix :3 Thanks!

Oh well no problem! :D

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

why if i may ask 

I don't have the money right now. /: