Deleted

Deleted

If you have a large graphics card you probably want to put foam of some sore around it to make sure it's secure. You could also just take it out and pack it in a separate box. 

Apart from that, if you have a hard drive/s you might also want to take those out and pack them separately with foam.

The rest of the system will be fine. 

just put it in the back seat of your car and use a seat belt to hold it down. don't get any air or you might break it.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I'm moving later this month but, this is what I would do.

Pull out any GPU/PCI cards, maybe secure the CPU heatsink depending on size and everything else should be good to go.

As for me, I have to drain my loop secure the gpu and refill it at the new place  <_<

just put it in the back seat of your car and use a seat belt to hold it down. don't get any air or you might break it.

This.  I just lay mine in the back seat when I'm moving on/off campus for school.  I've had no problems.

Of course, my school is only a 40-minute drive away.  If you're driving a long way you might want to take a few extra precautions.  But yeah, putting it in the original box should be more than enough.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Soft foam? :D

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

As long as you don't have water cooling you could just take out the graphics card and put the pc in its original case box and it should be fine. Also some cases that have tool free HDD mounting u may want to add a few screws just to be on the safe side but even then they should be okay without.

#LESBOBRICKS

I've flown my desktop across the country twice with all components intact in the case's original packaging and no internal foam, so it should survive a short road trip. If you're not sure though, remove the HDD and Graphics cards and leave the rest in. The first time I flew my desktop, I removed the HDDs and wrapped it in a towel/blanket and put it into my checked luggage.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I personally would put packing peanuts inside of the tower then packing peanuts outside the tower in a box. and just use large amounts of compressed air once you get it to your new home to clean out any and all peanuts left overs

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I personally would put packing peanuts inside of the tower then packing peanuts outside the tower in a box. and just use large amounts of compressed air once you get it to your new home to clean out any and all peanuts left overs

Don't packing peanuts create a ton of static electricity?  That can't be very good for your rig.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

take the graphics card out put it back in its box or wrap in bubble rap. then put the computer in the foam it came in and rap in thick bubble wrap. stick it back in the case box. that should be enough if you are moving it yourself, if your sending it by courier you'll want to rap the case box in some more bubble wrap and put inside another box or crate.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

unglug your gpu and put it in a seperate box, put bubble wrap on the inside of you case and close it.....should be fine like that...iver personally sent a computer with nothing protecting it to thetop of the uk form the bottom and it was fine.....take extra precautions if your warry....

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Don't packing peanuts create a ton of static electricity?  That can't be very good for your rig.

I was thinking the same thing.  The static generated by the packing peanuts could impact your system and that is probably something you would want to avoid.

Just a random idea but what about getting several inflatable balls, position them in various places in the case and inflate them just until they all stop things moving and support everything. Just a random idea.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

That could work, but the balls should be like the type for preschoolers, where they're really light and completely smooth.

That's exactly the type I was meaning :-)

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I would transport the whole thing on its side to avoid breaking the pci-e slot and motherboard from the weight of the cpu heatsink if you have a bulky one. Secure all your tool less mounts with screws. Putting in the case box and putting bubble wrap/foam inside is a good idea. If you want to ship it vertically, I would remove the gpu/cpu heatsink if you have one that is very heavy.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Take out the GPU and remove the CPU heatsink.

Pack them back in the original packaging.

Remove HDD and put them somewhere safe.

Put the computer in the back seat, in the leg area, use a pillow or blanket to make sure it doesn't bang around.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If it was mine I would take The GPU, the HDDs, and the power supply.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Depends really on how long is trip and do you use public transportation, own car or moving service. For short trip just few extra screws for tool-free mounts (HDD/GPU). For anything longer I'd remove gpu and cpu cooler if its large tower (like my new). If you got original box & foam, use them. Otherwise some other box and newspaper or clothes to fill empty space between case and box.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv