New TV - 1080 or 4K ?

KezzaWezza

Yo

I rarely actually watch "TV" i tend to watch shows on my laptop and play games on my desktop and monitor. 

This new TV will be used for gaming, both PC and console and also streaming shows and Movies, stuff like that. Most of the shows and movies wil be 1080 at the most i dont have a great broadband connection. Gaming wise obviously the console is 1080p but also the PC isnt a beast so most of the games will be 1080p but a few i will be able to run at 4K. But basically i think less than 10% of the content i view on this TV will be 4K. So, should i get the 4K TV or not? :D

I heard upscaled shows and movies look great but upscaled games do not, will i be able to disable the upscaling for the games or am i stuck with it? 

Im really unsure as to what to get here 1080 or 4K, is 4K worth it? im not convinced but at the same time i dont want to miss out... The tvs im looking at are both over £1000 because there are big but they are similar in price. Any info would be appriciated, also id be interested to know about any other TV models that are of similar price

Here are the 2 TVs that im currently looking at;

LG 60UF770V Ultra HD 4K 60 Inch TV (2015 Model)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-60UF770V-Ultra-Inch-Model/dp/B00VLS6U6S/ref=sr_1_11?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1440448631&sr=1-11&keywords=tv

Sony KDL-65W855C 3D Smart 3D 1080p Full HD 65 Inch TV (2015 Model)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UXA2474/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

SONY but don't get that one

let me link a google tv from sony.

Will you use the 3D feature on the Sony? If not, I'd suggest the 4K one, it's better to prepare for the future a bit, especially if its just like 25 pounds more (not much as a price point this high).

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

dont forget "some" tvs have a lot higher response time than monitors, id sacrifice 4k for better response.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |