Overclocking a GTX 960 SSC?

Spookies_

I recently started trying to overclock my EVGA GTX 960 SSC and I'm curious to see if there's any way I can improve my performance and I have a few questions.

• In Precision X every time I boot up I have to re-input my clock speeds. Is there a way to save my clock speeds?
  • I have my card running at +500MHz Memory clock and +50MHz GPU clock. I tested it out in Heaven demo, and I didn't get any artifact over a 10 min running, so I'm curious on what is recommended/what people use?

Also first post here! :)

gdK4xB7.png

Edit: Current profile. I've swapped the priority to temps.

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT | THAT A WHITE BOY | WOULD BRING HIPHOP BACK?

You have to save your settings into profile.

Also every chip is different, so you have to find out for yourself how far can your card go, I think that you can get more than 50 for sure

You have to save your settings into profile.

Also every chip is different, so you have to find out for yourself how far can your card go, I think that you can get more than 50 for sure

Do you recommend 3D Mark instead of Heaven because I've seen a decent amount of people using that in this forum.

Right click on one of the numbers at the bottom, that saves it as a profile that you can just click later instead of re-inputting the settings every time. There is also an apply at startup option but I would advise against using it.

My personal settings are as follows

27340b699a.png

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Right click on one of the numbers at the bottom, that saves it as a profile that you can just click later instead of re-inputting the settings every time. There is also an apply at startup option but I would advise against using it.

My personal settings are as follows

You don't get any artifacting?

You don't get any artifacting?

I wouldn't be running it at those settings if I did

I wouldn't be running it at those settings if I did

When I bump it up past +500 MHz for memory I get artifact. I noticed you changed your voltage, how does this affect overclocking?

When I bump it up past +500 MHz for memory I get artifact. I noticed you changed your voltage, how does this affect overclocking?

To put it simply more voltage=more faster, Also all silicon is different it's very likely that your memory simply won't overclock anymore.

To put it simply more voltage=more faster, Also all silicon is different it's very likely that your memory simply won't overclock anymore.

If I bump up my voltage can I damage the card? 

If I bump up my voltage can I damage the card? 

Nvidia has  limits that their board partners have to adhere to, any voltage that you're allowed to add without modifying the card is safe.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/26082/nvidia_s_green_light_program_are_we_seeing_the_beginning_of_the_end_of_overclocking_gpus/index.html

Nvidia has  limits that their board partners have to adhere to, any voltage that you're allowed to add without modifying the card is safe.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/26082/nvidia_s_green_light_program_are_we_seeing_the_beginning_of_the_end_of_overclocking_gpus/index.html

So I can run it at %100 without damaging the card? I can't really tell from what you've linked.

So I can run it at %100 without damaging the card? I can't really tell from what you've linked.

I was just posting information relevant to the greenlight program, yes you can run the card with the extra voltage without issue.

I was just posting information relevant to the greenlight program, yes you can run the card with the extra voltage without issue.

Got it, thank you!!!

Similar question... As I had a Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 card. I can only overclock it to +115/110 without crashing the driver. I seem to hit the power limit that nvidia set. My card stays at 1.238 volt not matter what I change in MSI AB. Is there any way to pump more voltage to my GPU? Or I have to flash a BIOS?