Installed a new GPU, no signal to monitor.

Darth Crow

Hello, I need your help!

I just bought a new MSI R7 370 GPU and installed it. When I start the computer up now, all I'm getting is a "No Signal" message and then the monitor shuts off. I've tried it with 2 different monitors, VGA and DVI cables. Nothing. Even when I connect the cables to the on-board GPU. However, when I disconnect the 6-pin PCIE cable from the GPU, the computer boots normally on the integrated one. I'm at a loss. The PSU is an EVGA 80plus certified 430W and my total TDP under load should be 250W TOPS!

Any advice would be VERY appreciated!

The 370 could be DOA, have you got a friends pc you can check it in?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Did you try that on any of your friend's PC?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I didn't and have no way to try that... the card's LED lights up and the fans spin though, it doesn't seem like it's dead. But the monitor's getting no signal even if it's connected to the IGP when the GPU is connected...

Is this in a pre-built?

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

No, it's my build... I've used the computer for a week or two before buying the GPU, everything worked perfectly. And it still does, only for some reason it won't run if the PCIE cable is connected to the 370... when I disconnect it, I can run it off the IGP, even if the 370 stays in its slot...

I didn't and have no way to try that... the card's LED lights up and the fans spin though, it doesn't seem like it's dead. But the monitor's getting no signal even if it's connected to the IGP when the GPU is connected...

doesn't say anything those are connected directly on the powersupplycables most of the time only a littlebit controlled by the gpu

hakuna matata

No, it's my build... I've used the computer for a week or two before buying the GPU, everything worked perfectly. And it still does, only for some reason it won't run if the PCIE cable is connected to the 370... when I disconnect it, I can run it off the IGP, even if the 370 stays in its slot...

perhaps try to boot up the pc while using on board graphics and look either you can see the gpu.

if you can see it. it propelly wont be death

but make sure to give the gpu power

hakuna matata

Ok... I tried connecting BOTH the IGP and the GPU at once with the power cable disconnected from the GPU... I got into BIOS, which seems to recognize the 370 as a Primary Graphics Adapter. I'll try booting up Windows and see where that gets me...

Ok... I tried connecting BOTH the IGP and the GPU at once with the power cable disconnected from the GPU... I got into BIOS, which seems to recognize the 370 as a Primary Graphics Adapter. I'll try booting up Windows and see where that gets me...

Nope, Windows does not see it... but that should be because of the disconnected PCIE... I don't know what else could I try. I'll try taking out the GPU a putting it back in.

Same thing happened to me one time I shorted the motherboard

But the PC works just fine when the GPU is disconnected! And I always take care to ground myself when I touch the inside of my PC... I don't know what else to try. Seems like I will be returning the 370...

But the PC works just fine when the GPU is disconnected! And I always take care to ground myself when I touch the inside of my PC... I don't know what else to try. Seems like I will be returning the 370...

oh mine didn't it turned on but no signal