G10 owners, I need your input

mr2cam

Have any of you had an issue keeping your VRM cool with this unit? I have a G10 / H55 combo to cool my MSI 980ti 6G and it works great, but I have been seeing some people having issues with their VRM getting too hot, and it looks like it may have killed one persons card from the result.  I havn't seen any artifacting, im running a fairly conservative 24/7 OC of 1529 / 7800, but the fan that does cool the VRM on the G10 seems a bit small.  Anyway im interested in anyones input that has this setup, thanks!

Also one thing to add, I have used a temp gun to check the temps around / on top of the VRM while under a heavy load, and the hottest I could find was 53c, which I wouldn't think would cause an issue, but it isn't the most accurate way of gathering a temperature either.

Have any of you had an issue keeping your VRM cool with this unit? I have a G10 / H55 combo to cool my MSI 980ti 6G and it works great, but I have been seeing some people having issues with their VRM getting too hot, and it looks like it may have killed one persons card from the result.  I havn't seen any artifacting, im running a fairly conservative 24/7 OC of 1529 / 7800, but the fan that does cool the VRM on the G10 seems a bit small.  Anyway im interested in anyones input that has this setup, thanks!

Put thermal pads and heatsinks on the vrm. That's what you're supposed to do.

Can someone link some heatsinks and thermal pads for a reference 970 please?

Wow that was really fast, I need to start posting here more often!  

So I am a bit of a noob but I will purchase some thermal padding along with some heatsinks, but can you guys show me exactly where the VRM chips are?  I think they are the ones labeled SFC but im not 100% sure

Ef8Owi.jpg

Thanks again!!