My PC died?

rekatan

Last night while I was watching NS LCS TiP vs TL, my PC just straight up shut off for no reason. I couldn't get it to turn on so I jumped onto the laptop to finish the series and went to bed. Today I decided to tackle the PC problems. When I give it power the CPU fan comes on, my LEDs come on, but my case fans, hard drive and graphics card don't boot up. What causes this and how do I fix it.

PSU failure for sure unplug your psu before your intire system dies...

Or if you just build the system check the cables if everything is plugged in like the case fans...

im guessing faulty part, maybe your mobo caved or u could try seeing if the psu/cables are ok.

i7 5820K @ 4.4GHz | Evga GTX 980ti Superclocked | MSI X99 Sli Plus | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 | EVGA 850W Gold+ | 2TB HDD and 250GB SSD

NZXT Phantom 530 | Corsair H100i GTX | 

Last night while I was watching NS LCS TiP vs TL, my PC just straight up shut off for no reason. I couldn't get it to turn on so I jumped onto the laptop to finish the series and went to bed. Today I decided to tackle the PC problems. When I give it power the CPU fan comes on, my LEDs come on, but my case fans, hard drive and graphics card don't boot up. What causes this and how do I fix it.

Does it make any beeps?

Do the fans go to max speed?

Have you checked if the RAM detached?

Have you checked all cables to make sure none are loose?

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

Did you do anything to your PC recently?

Nothing at all

There can be a million problems. Dont know that much but try removing all RAM sticks and inserting only one at a time. See if it boots up.

Turn off the power and then turn it on on the power supply  :D 

Does it make any beeps?

Do the fans go to max speed?

Have you checked if the RAM detached?

Have you checked all cables to make sure none are loose?

No Beeps, not sure about the fans max speed, ram is in all the cables are tight.

Is there a slight burny smell in your system?

If so, remove your PSU immediately.

Alternatively, check your components for any damage or if anything's loose.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

There can be a million problems. Dont know that much but try removing all RAM sticks and inserting only one at a time. See if it boots up.

Turn off the power and then turn it on on the power supply  :D 

Tried that, still didn't boot.

Nothing at all

Guess youre gonna need to troubleshoot, it can be anything really.

You have a ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO? 

There should be atleast something displayed on it didnt give a post code either? 

You should see something displayed on this: hqdefault.jpg

I couldn't get it to turn on

Soo than ur whole system didnt boot up at all no LED & CPU fan spinning if so remove that PSU immediately.

You have a ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO? 

There should be atleast something displayed on it didnt give a post code either? 

You should see something displayed on this: hqdefault.jpg

Soo than ur whole system didnt boot up at all no LED & CPU fan spinning if so remove that PSU immediately.

it just says 00, normally there are numbers but its just 00.

Definitely sounds like the PSU, I basically had the exact same problems a few weeks back. Also on a Corsair PSU. Replacing it did the job.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I unplugged the pc from the wall, I'm heading over to my buddies. He's got extra PSUs, ram and cpus ill troubleshoot there and report back with my findings

No Beeps, not sure about the fans max speed, ram is in all the cables are tight.

You would hear the fans if they were maxed out...

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

I have a Msi z97m gaming mobo, had the 00 debug code, tried everything, had to send it in for rma. 

Oh my been so busy I forgot to update this thread. Well he only had a spare psu and swapping it out didn't fix the issue. I've been super busy this week getting ready for uni and working so I haven't had time to really look into a solution thankfully my laptop can get me through for now but alas my gaming will suffer as long as Bombour remains in a coma.

PSU failure for sure unplug your psu before your intire system dies...

Or if you just build the system check the cables if everything is plugged in like the case fans...

If you bought a pre built , and add upgrades like gpu or extra drives , possibly over run on the power supply.

What graphics card? is it a 760 by any chance?

Sorry about the late reply, just moved into uni. Sadly I didn't bring my pc with me. No its a 7850 by powercolor.

Mine did the same a few years ago. in my case it was a bad ram stick