Corsair on Ebay (pc byte australia)

slightlyjaded

So apparently corsair does not provide warranty to purchases made on ebay for brand new products from retailers.....

I spent two weeks with the useless wastes of oxygen at PCByte in australia, then spent a week with Corsair only to receive this reply

Created By: Justin G. (8/20/2015 3:30 PM)
Corsair provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of Corsair hardware product purchased from an authorized Corsair reseller. Corsair warrants that the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a specified period commencing on the date of purchase. Corsair products purchased from local or online private sellers or internet auction sites such as eBay are not covered by our warranty. Please contact your reseller for further assistance.

Corsair Warranty Policy
http://www.corsair.com/en/support/warranty

Apparently PCbyte isn't an authourised retailer. For anything corsair related. If you think of buying anything from them be aware that any warranty will not be honored.

And I'm shit out of luck with a seized pump on an 8 month old h100i.

Here's a solid tip.

If a "retailer" is selling through Ebay, then they're probably not an official retailer for the company they claim to represent.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Here's a solid tip.

If a "retailer" is selling through Ebay, then they're probably not an official retailer for the company they claim to represent.

You are aware that most corsair authorised resellers down under has an ebay listing right? Quite often at different prices to their retail listing. This includes a lot of peoples go to pccasegear

I merely posted this in the hope that other people don't get burnt the same way I have. I've had issues with this retailer before, on other parts, and already refuse to deal with them again. This was something that popped up about half a year after my system build, and merely reiterates why I don't deal with this company.