AmazonBasics Backpack Quality?

TheKDub

The new school year is quickly approaching and I am in need of a new backpack as my old one is basically screwed over.

----BACKPACK----

I've been looking around on amazon for decent looking backpacks for a low price and the AmazonBasics backpack caught my eye, the backpack looks like it'd be a decent backpack, the only things I'm concerned about are the padding wearing out quickly, or the bag ripping or a zipper breaking or something.

I'm also considering this backpack: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8NUZR2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 My sister got the 17.3" version of it and it's absolutely freaking huge (Like you could easily fit a small child in it and have room to spare), so I'd likely get the 15" version as I don't need an absolutely massive bag (All it will have is maybe 1-2 textbooks, 1-3 binders, pencils, pens, and possibly a 15" laptop if I can find a decent one for under like $300 (used is fine as long as it's in good condition)), and this one looks like it might be a little bit higher quality than the amazon bag.

Anyone have either of these bags? if so, would you recommend it?

If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave them down in a reply. (I prefer the bags to be mostly if not all black, two shoulder straps, and able to fit a 15" laptop)

----LAPTOP----

Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a laptop around or below $300 USD (Used is fine as long as condition is good, preferably bought from amazon.com) that'd be great as well! (Once again, prefer it to be mostly if not all black, dark grey works too, I'd like it to have a matte screen that's at least 1366x768 [1080p preferred], 4+ GB of RAM (I can add another 4GB so-dimm in if it has a free slot as I've got a spare one), and able to run games like minecraft, elder scrolls online, skyrim, and diablo 3 on minimum settings at 30+ fps, that way when I'm away from home I can at least have a semi-decent gaming experience if I get bored.

The laptop for the most part would probably be used for schoolwork and programming, capacity of the drive doesn't matter a ton as I can easily just pop my 750GB 2.5" drive in.

I'd also like it to be anywhere from like 14" to 15.6", and no HP or Acer..

Currently considering this laptop: http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-G50-80E30181US-15-6-Inch-DVD-SuperMulti/dp/B00VIPM9JQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks!

(Sorry for the wall of text, just tryin to get all the info out for people to suggest stuff that they could need)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The new school year is quickly approaching and I am in need of a new backpack as my old one is basically screwed over.

----BACKPACK----

I've been looking around on amazon for decent looking backpacks for a low price and the AmazonBasics backpack caught my eye, the backpack looks like it'd be a decent backpack, the only things I'm concerned about are the padding wearing out quickly, or the bag ripping or a zipper breaking or something.

I'm also considering this backpack: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8NUZR2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 My sister got the 17.3" version of it and it's absolutely freaking huge (Like you could easily fit a small child in it and have room to spare), so I'd likely get the 15" version as I don't need an absolutely massive bag (All it will have is maybe 1-2 textbooks, 1-3 binders, pencils, pens, and possibly a 15" laptop if I can find a decent one for under like $300 (used is fine as long as it's in good condition)), and this one looks like it might be a little bit higher quality than the amazon bag.

Anyone have either of these bags? if so, would you recommend it?

If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave them down in a reply. (I prefer the bags to be mostly if not all black, two shoulder straps, and able to fit a 15" laptop)

----LAPTOP----

Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a laptop around or below $300 USD (Used is fine as long as condition is good, preferably bought from amazon.com) that'd be great as well! (Once again, prefer it to be mostly if not all black, dark grey works too, I'd like it to have a matte screen that's at least 1366x768 [1080p preferred], 4+ GB of RAM (I can add another 4GB so-dimm in if it has a free slot as I've got a spare one), and able to run games like minecraft, elder scrolls online, skyrim, and diablo 3 on minimum settings at 30+ fps, that way when I'm away from home I can at least have a semi-decent gaming experience if I get bored.

The laptop for the most part would probably be used for schoolwork and programming, capacity of the drive doesn't matter a ton as I can easily just pop my 750GB 2.5" drive in.

I'd also like it to be anywhere from like 14" to 15.6", and no HP or Acer..

Currently considering this laptop: http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-G50-80E30181US-15-6-Inch-DVD-SuperMulti/dp/B00VIPM9JQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks!

(Sorry for the wall of text, just tryin to get all the info out for people to suggest stuff that they could need)

I have been looking for one as well, hopefully someone on this form has one.

EDIT: I have heard that the laptop padding on the Amazon backpack is very thin, so I would recommend not getting it. Also, that Rosewill backpack looks nice, I think I might get that one.

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

EDIT: I have heard that the laptop padding on the Amazon backpack is very thin, so I would recommend not getting it. Also, that Rosewill backpack looks nice, I think I might get that one.

Yeah, and by the looks of it the rosewill has "load springs" on it which would be nice to have.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

This thread is relevant to my interests. I'm starting a job with an IT company next week, and I'm on the lookout for a bag I can keep a laptop and miscellaneous service call tools in. I currently have a messenger-style laptop bag, but it's not good for my back when it's loaded.

I'm thinking I'll end up getting the rosewill bag, still have to decide on a laptop though... (I will still have my desktop for everything when I'm at home, the laptop will mostly just be for light gaming when away from home and then mainly school world and programming.)

Just ordered the rosewill 15" backpack, should be here tuesday :D

Just ordered the rosewill 15" backpack, should be here tuesday :D

Nice :) Let me know how it is when it arrives.

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

Nice :) Let me know how it is when it arrives.

I got it, and I would not really recommend it, the upper portion of the back is covered in a really uncomfortable hard type foam, and it's not like a solid block of it either, it's a couple large bumps, that when you get a decent amount of weight in the backpack start to cause some pain on your back...

Gonna see if I can return it..

I got it, and I would not really recommend it, the upper portion of the back is covered in a really uncomfortable hard type foam, and it's not like a solid block of it either, it's a couple large bumps, that when you get a decent amount of weight in the backpack start to cause some pain on your back...

Gonna see if I can return it..

Oh that sucks...

Oh that sucks...

Yeah..

Sent it back, got $16 of the $26 back because of damn shipping costs...

Time to find a new backpack...

@misthosg

apparently the 17" version of the rosewill doesn't have the uncomfortable bulges on the back, it's got all foam padding instead which I wish the 15" version had... So you could get the larger rosewill backpack, just be warned you could probably fit a few small children in it xD

I bought the 15" version for my laptop and it has worked awesome for me. It has actually become one of my favorite backpacks I've ever owned and I grabbed it for $25 ($15 after a $10 off from a student referral)

Exit: also I should state that I have a 15.6" laptop and it fits with room to spare in it. Additionally it has plenty of padding in it so that I've never had any issues having books and my laptop in it.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

@misthosg

apparently the 17" version of the rosewill doesn't have the uncomfortable bulges on the back, it's got all foam padding instead which I wish the 15" version had... So you could get the larger rosewill backpack, just be warned you could probably fit a few small children in it xD

Lol yeah, except I have a 15.6 inch laptop and I don't want us to get lost in there xD

I got this bad boy.SwissGear ScanSmart Laptop Computer Backpack SA1923 (Black) Fits Most 15 Inch Laptops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SXMRO4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.Dp3vb5CNVAKC so far I love it.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

I got this bad boy.SwissGear ScanSmart Laptop Computer Backpack SA1923 (Black) Fits Most 15 Inch Laptops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SXMRO4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.Dp3vb5CNVAKC so far I love it.

Looks pretty good, only issue for me is the price..