Help building a cheap PC (about 500$cad)

Hello like you saw in the title I want to build a cheap PC since I don't have much money ( custom build ) and I don't know anything about PC so can anybody help me about the component? I have maximum 550$ cad

Hello like you saw in the title I want to build a cheap PC since I don't have much money ( custom build ) and I don't know anything about PC so can anybody help me about the component? I have maximum 550$ cad

If you dont know anything about computers you really shouldnt be building one.

If you dont know anything about computers you really shouldnt be building one.

I have to agree, even though I'm new on these forums I've watched hours upon hours worth of tutorials and videos showing all technical things and PC stuff that has formulated in my mind a plan on how to successfully build a machine. If you don't have any idea what anything means that you'll get lost at the motherboard trying to figure out the where the gpu goes and where to put the cpu, you'll end up breaking your precious machinery.

In short, I recommend going to look at some videos before A) Asking for help when you can do the research first hand and B ) Trying to attempt a build. :)

I have to agree, even though I'm new on these forums I've watched hours upon hours worth of tutorials and videos showing all technical things and PC stuff that has formulated in my mind a plan on how to successfully build a machine. If you don't have any idea what anything means that you'll get lost at the motherboard trying to figure out the where the gpu goes and where to put the cpu, you'll end up breaking your precious machinery.

In short, I recommend going to look at some videos before A) Asking for help when you can do the research first hand and B ) Trying to attempt a build. :)

Ya, either do a shitload of research or just get a prebuilt.

Ya, either do a shitload of research or just get a prebuilt.

I mean I know how to build it it's just that I don't know enough about the which component would make the best 550$ pc

This would probably be the best rounded build you can get...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($92.99 @ NCIX)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Memory Express)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($56.99 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.44 @ DirectCanada)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($149.99 @ NCIX)

Case: Cooler Master Elite 361 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.05 @ Vuugo)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ NCIX)

Total: $533.44

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-22 04:36 EDT-0400

An i3 would be a better CPU, but canadas prices arent nice so we end up with the 860k instead. Pentium G3258 is rubbish and shouldnt be used no matter what. So there arent many choices....

500$ canadian isn't enough

our money is worth shit right now thanks to the usa financial bs

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Yea I realized that after I posted it haha.  No offence to any canadians out there but I never want to live there purely due to your prices on PC parts but other than that i'd rather live there.

Yea I realized that after I posted it haha.  No offence to any canadians out there but I never want to live there purely due to your prices on PC parts but other than that i'd rather live there.

Oh its still heads and bounds cheaper then where i live, so dont you worry, Those prices are nothing.

Oh its still heads and bounds cheaper then where i live, so dont you worry, Those prices are nothing.

Is it so expensive that it would be cheaper to fly to the us buy parts and fly back?haha.

Is it so expensive that it would be cheaper to fly to the us buy parts and fly back?haha.

A gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 costs 475.26 USD here...

A cheapo Gainward black painted reference version costs 402.54 USD....

Fractal Design R5 Black, in the US around 60-70 USD. Here, 121.89 USD (8% Discount)

If i were to build a whole PC, then yes, it would in total cost me the same as flying over there, buying parts, spending 4-5 days at a hotel, and go home.... We got cheap plane tickets... so thats why its worth flying :P