Stop a program from using a file

colonel_mortis

I'm on windows 7, and I have an issue with Bitdefender Internet Security where it continues downloads (of stuff like youtube videos) in the background. It has been identified to be an issue with a DLL in the bitdefender folder, but every time I delete the dll (I have to be in safe mode), it is replaced relatively quickly by the program, even when I don't let it do updates. I have tried making a file with the same name including the extension) and making it read only, but the file is still replaced when I restart my PC. Is there anything I can do to prevent it from replacing or reading from that single file?

HTTP/2 203

maybe try renaming it?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I'm not entirely sure you've explained the issue that Bit Defender is actually doing, but regardless, you should really contact support or file a bug report with them.

Is this a known issue that affects everyone? Is this isolated to just a few clients? Is there a workaround or fix available?

Contact support, at the very least, so they can push out a fix faster.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

maybe try renaming it?

It just adds the file back (it's no different to deleting it).

I'm not entirely sure you've explained the issue that Bit Defender is actually doing, but regardless, you should really contact support or file a bug report with them.

Is this a known issue that affects everyone? Is this isolated to just a few clients? Is there a workaround or fix available?

Contact support, at the very least, so they can push out a fix faster.

I have an open ticket (and their support has been great), but it's not fixed yet. There is a thread on there forum (here), but the solution that works for them (disable updates) hasn't been working for me.

HTTP/2 203