What should I get for 250-300$$$, Thanks,

linuxnutcase

Hello Linus Fans,

Looking at getting a new graphics card, right now I have dual 7870 ghz getting old, still love them but need more power. I run 4 monitors three in eyefinity and then one on top.

The games I want to play now and in the future are GTA V*, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Witcher 3, Far Cry 4*,BF4*, BF Star Wars, the ones with * I have now(not sure if you care, might help,idk).

I also plan down the road to buy a gaming monitor, all monitors now are 1080. The monitor probably would be 144htz and 1440, no g sync or freesync still to much $$$.

What do you think I should get, if I go nvidia I get Game Works, but it only support 4 monitors, amd does 6, so then i will end up maybe running two cards one just for the extra monitors, (I think I may use as many monitors as I can down the road). What do you guys think i should go with, in two years i plan to upgrade aging; to hbm2 from either nvidia or amd, (hopefully by then amd gots the game together.)

Thanks for any help.

UPDATE:   Anybody think its worth getting a 970 over an 390 for gameworks?

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."   -Martin Luther King, Jr

i'd try to get a r9 390 because of it's 8gb of ram

it's like $320 but it's worth the extra $20

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Hello Linus Fans,

Looking at getting a new graphics card, right now I have dual 7870 ghz getting old, still love them but need more power. I run 4 monitors three in eyefinity and then one on top.

The games I want to play now and in the future are GTA V*, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Witcher 3, Far Cry 4*,BF4*, BF Star Wars, the ones with * I have now(not sure if you care, might help,idk).

I also plan down the road to buy a gaming monitors, all monitors now are 1080. The monitor probably would be 144htz and 1440, no g sync or freesync still to much $$$.

What do you think I should get, if I go nvidia I get Game Works, but it only support 4 monitors, amd does 6, so then i will end up maybe running two cards one just for the extra monitors, (I think I may use as many monitors as I can down the road). What do you guys think i should go with, in two years i plan to upgrade aging; to hbm2 from either nvidia or amd, (hopefully by then amd gots the game together.)

Thanks for any help.

Yeah, if you think you're gonna do 7680 x 1440 with a $300 card you're trolling.

Yeah, if you think you're gonna do 7680 x 1440 with a $300 card you're trolling.

I think they mean replace 3x 1080 with one 1440.

"Rawr XD"

Yeah, probs. Maybe i got confused when i saw this: "I also plan down the road to buy a gaming monitors"

Even then, he's not gonna have many games where he'll get over 100 fps on 1440p with a $300 card, if any at all.

I thought it was have a 1440 as aux for fps gaming then the 3 1080's in surround/eyefinity for 3p

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Yeah, probs. Maybe i got confused when i saw this: "I also plan down the road to buy a gaming monitors"

Even then, he's not gonna have many games where he'll get over 100 fps on 1440p with a $300 card, if any at all.

I feel that in games that you'd actually have a strong benefit from higher frame rates, like CS:GO, a ~$300 card like an R9 290/390 will easy be able to hold a solid 144. However in more demanding but less fast-paced games, 60 should still be easily achievable. 

"Rawr XD"

I feel that in games that you'd actually have a strong benefit from higher frame rates, like CS:GO, a ~$300 card like an R9 290/390 will easy be able to hold a solid 144. However in more demanding but less fast-paced games, 60 should still be easily achievable. 

he's not gonna have many games where he'll get over 100 fps on 1440p with a $300 card

That's what i said. lol

Either an r9 390 or a 970 for that price range. I'd go for the 390 if you can spend a bit more since it'll perform better for your surround setup.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Either an r9 390 or a 970 for that price range. I'd go for the 390 if you can spend a bit more since it'll perform better for your surround setup.

thanks, should i worry about gameworks

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."   -Martin Luther King, Jr

Yea meant one, sorry for the extra s, I think I will use the 144htzs for gaming on titles that do not support eyefinity well, and the eyefinity on the other like 5 games(not really five but close)