Duel PSU for GTX 460?

kimouk

Hi ,I got a 300W PSU with 17amps on the +12v line, i m getting a low performance at 1024x768 resolution with GTX 460

17-20 FPS ACIII

30 FPS Farcry 3 both on 1024x768 resolution not even ultra graphics

I think the problem is the PSU so i decided to buy a new one , but i don't have $$ atm to buy a good one. I got an other PSU 400W 24Amps on the +12v line i cant use it alone cauz it doesnt have enouf molex like the 300W PSU,So is it safe that i use a duel PSU ? like the 400W PSU for the graphic card and the other for the rest even tho they dont have same Amps on 12v line?

I dont wanna use molex splitter btw.

and does the PSU really affect the perfermance badly this?

Motherboard:Biostar 945GC-M7 TE

CPU:Core 2 duo 2.9 ghz

RAM:3 GO

Graphic:GTX 460

Amps kill you know...

Oh wait, your cpu.. Its time to upgrade, AC3 needs quite a bit of cpu power. srsly its your cpus fault.

As for your question, your system would just shut down.

What ever you do, do not take a paper clip, bridge the 400W (Green+Black wire) and make sure to turn both psus on at the same time.

Hi ' date='I got a 300W PSU with 17amps on the +12v line, i m getting a low performance at 1024x768 resolution with GTX 460 17-20 FPS ACIII 30 FPS Farcry 3 both on 1024x768 resolution not even ultra graphics I think the problem is the PSU so i decided to buy a new one , but i don't have $$ atm to buy a good one. I got an other PSU 400W 24Amps on the +12v line i cant use it alone cauz it doesnt have enouf molex like the 300W PSU,So is it safe that i use a duel PSU ? like the 400W PSU for the graphic card and the other for the rest even tho they dont have same Amps on 12v line? I dont wanna use molex splitter btw. and does the PSU really affect the perfermance badly this? Motherboard:Biostar 945GC-M7 TE CPU:Core 2 duo 2.9 ghz RAM:3 GO Graphic:GTX 460[/quote']

Don't go for "watts" or "amps". Get quality components next time and search for reliable parts. Your PSU is the lifeblood of your computer, don't skimp on it.

Regardless of that your problem is probably your CPU.

Your cpu is bottlenecking the gpu.... Upgrade your cpu, go for new platform man..

Your cpu is bottlenecking the gpu.... Upgrade your cpu' date=' go for new platform man.. [/quote']

I Agree,, if you need a Quad Core Q6600 i have one for sale,,

Also since i have Two GTX460's you need at least 24Amps on the 12v Rail.

Thank you guyz for your answers really hellpful ^^ i decided to get a new good cpu it's kinda expensive but i hope it ll fix the problem mabe i ll change the cpu in few weeks with the motherboard ;ty guyz

Your cpu is bottlenecking the gpu.... Upgrade your cpu' date=' go for new platform man.. [/quote'] I Agree,, if you need a Quad Core Q6600 i have one for sale,, Also since i have Two GTX460's you need at least 24Amps on the 12v Rail.

Could u plz tell me how much FPS you get on farcry 3 or ACIII (with resolution and ultra mode) with 1 GTX 460 if possibal ty ^^

Looks like a CPU bottleneck to me. I dont think your system would need that much power..