Sound Cards with 2 inputs

Mrcrysis2000

Hi, 

I'm looking for a soundcard which can support both my 3.5 mm Audio Techncia gaming headset and also my Harmon Kordon sound sticks,

Anyone know any cards around £250 that has this ?  

Thanks! 

Hi, 

I'm looking for a soundcard which can support both my 3.5 mm Audio Techncia gaming headset and also my Harmon Kordon sound sticks,

Anyone know any cards around £250 that has this ?  

Thanks! 

2 outputs....not two inputs

You dont need 2, you can use your motherboard for your Soundsticks and use the soundcard for your headset - and just set up autohotkey to switch between them (or just do it in sound options)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 outputs....not two inputs (My Bad)

You dont need 2, you can use your motherboard for your Soundsticks and use the soundcard for your headset - and just set up autohotkey to switch between them (or just do it in sound options)

I know i dont need it, i want it, i would like a better sound quality then my onboard audio would offer i have an Xonar DX and its served me well for many years and now i dont want to have a lackluster experience with my music. Also may you elaborate on this 'Autohotkey' ? 

I know i dont need it, i want it, i would like a better sound quality then my onboard audio would offer i have an Xonar DX and its served me well for many years and now i dont want to have a lackluster experience with my music. Also may you elaborate on this 'Autohotkey' ? 

A sound card will not necessarily make any difference to improving your audio, just saying for the money spent you are better off buying better audio gear

There are guides online (cant really google them right now sorry) that show you how to use autohotkey to set up windows shortcut to switch audio device

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Audioswitch

A sound card will not necessarily make any difference to improving your audio, just saying for the money spent you are better off buying better audio gear

There are guides online (cant really google them right now sorry) that show you how to use autohotkey to set up windows shortcut to switch audio device

"A sound card will not necessarily make any difference to improving your audio"  I think that is more your personal pref, i feel it does and im happy with the audio equipment i have now i was simply asking if anyone knows of any soundcards having 2 outputs 

Christ.

It will make a difference in circumstances where you are replacing an inferior product with a better one. Similarly, if you're inadvertently replacing a good product with a bad one, it will also make a difference.

Audio is a subjective thing based on taste like any other thing - there is no right or wrong answer. Experiment with different equipment and find out what you prefer yourself.

thats even better

"A sound card will not necessarily make any difference to improving your audio"  I think that is more your personal pref, i feel it does and im happy with the audio equipment i have now i was simply asking if anyone knows of any soundcards having 2 outputs 

Actually, its something plenty of tech channels have discussed, Linus, TekSyndicate etc - better off with a nice DAC/AMP than a sound card

and generally the higher up the audio spectrum you go, the more essential it becomes

If you were going to spend £250 on a sound card, you would get better sound buy buying £250 speakers

I am saying this to be helpful 

I dont know any soundcards with more than one - you might be better looking into audio interfaces like a focusrite 6i6, or some sort of usb mixer - they have multiple inputs and outputs you can swap between - or an optical audio receiver