What should i do with my dead hard drive?

Textosterone

I don’t know what to do with it its just sitting there doing nothing.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Throw it at a wall

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Throw it at a wall

is segate worth throwing at a wall?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Thermite.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Take off the front cover and make a little display out of it, always looks nice

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Thermite.

This or take it apart.

There are some sweet magnets & reflective disks in there. They make great frisbees/coasters.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Take off the front cover and make a little display out of it, always looks nice

do u have a picture of what it should look like? btw i love ur profile pic.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

they have really good powerful magnets in them. Take them out and stick them on your fridge.

do u have a picture of what it should look like? btw i love ur profile pic.

For some reason i cant put a picture here (random :P) , just google "inside of HDD" and you'll see. If you can run the hdd a bit, and get a knife or something, you can make a bunch of rings on the disk, looks sick. But warning, i've only done it with a dedicated Molex psu, never done it on a pc before, so see if you have another psu to run it. I've torn apart a crap  load of HDD's and they're all sitting on shelves in my room, they look awesome 

Thanks, doge (ignore my first response, i forgot what my avatar was xD)

Edited by Flight1sim

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

they have really good powerful magnets in them. Take them out and stick them on your fridge.

Dont do this, i did it once and it's near impossible to take it off :(

is segate worth throwing at a wall?

Never. Make a hard drive alarm clock out of it, or at least just a clock. IT still looks good

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Never. Make a hard drive alarm clock out of it, or at least just a clock. IT still looks good

You can make a clock out of a HDD??

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Dont do this, i did it once and it's near impossible to take it off :(

Oh, please, a flathead screwdriver in the right place and they'll come up right off. Or if they're attached to a bracket, two adjustable wrenches on either side, a bit of leverage and they peel off easier than scabs.

I use mine as a coaster

Oh, please, a flathead screwdriver in the right place and they'll come up right off. Or if they're attached to a bracket, two adjustable wrenches on either side, a bit of leverage and they peel off easier than scabs.

I just dragged it to the edge and it came right off :P

Buy like 100-200 fire crackers and get one BIG one. Surround the whole thing in a wooden box with the fire cracker and see what kind of damage you can do to it. If that don't work shoot it a few times. Record this to.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

You can make a clock out of a HDD??

I've seen it happen.

Smash it with a hammer if you really cba doing any of this fancy stuff ^^. I'm gonna do that to a dead HDD one day... so much fun

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I've been using mine as coasters. i've always been taking out the magnets. I am going to try the clock someone posted before if another drive of mine dies soon.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14