How to install Windows 7 after Upgrading to 10?

Meestagibbon

I had 8.1 and upgraded to 10, but when I boot a windows 7 installation USB, nothing shows up under the list of hard drives and I can't format/install to any. What to do?

You need the sata/raid driver for your board on the stick too.

Using an OEM HP board, would the Storage Controller Driver classify as the Sata driver?

You need the sata/raid driver for your board on the stick too.

No you don't. I completely formated my hard drive before installing windows 7 a few weeks ago, installed fine. However it is a good idea to have a lan driver on your usb when you do a format. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

No you don't. I completely formated my hard drive before installing windows 7 a few weeks ago, installed fine. However it is a good idea to have a lan driver on your usb when you do a format. 

I don't think you understand, I cannot reformat my hard drive from the OS install screen, I need the sata controller driver from windows 7 because I'm currently using the one from windows 10. It doesn't recognize that any hard drives are plugged in.

I don't think you understand, I cannot reformat my hard drive from the OS install screen, I need the sata controller driver from windows 7 because I'm currently using the one from windows 10. It doesn't recognize that any hard drives are plugged in.

I find this odd,  I had windows 7, installed 10. Updated all drivers. Then realized windows 10 did not format so I went back to windows 7 install and formatted through that. Basically it sounds like I did exactly what you are saying is no possible, correct me if I missed something there. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I find this odd,  I had windows 7, installed 10. Updated all drivers. Then realized windows 10 did not format so I went back to windows 7 install and formatted through that. Basically it sounds like I did exactly what you are saying is no possible, correct me if I missed something there. 

You started from 7, I started from 8.1, when you upgrade to windows 10, everything from the old OS is kept.

You started from 7, I started from 8.1, when you upgrade to windows 10, everything from the old OS is kept.

I suppose that is true, can you not format using windows 8.1?