MIT Creates Robotic Bartenders

So, I just came across this in the technology section of google news, and it made me laugh.

A group at MIT has created a team of robotic bartenders.

Cambridge, Massachusetts – A robotics team of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has developed a staff of robotic bartender, a technological refinement that might blaze the trail for in-house beverage service.

Professor Chris Amato initiated the creation of what they call the “BeerBots,” which were presented at the Robotics Science and Systems annual conference last month. The researchers unveiled the challenges they faced during the development of this beer-delivering team. The most notable among their challenges involved navigational issues, managing room noise, bot-to-bot communication, including obstacles that involved the humans and bots.

Meanwhile, the researchers reacted to such challenges by creating complex algorithms that were programmed into the staff of robotic bartender, helping them plan and reason. According to Amato, almost all of the real-world issues have some uncertainties baked into them. As results, there were wide ranges of areas, wherein such planning approaches were helpful.

Amato explained that overcoming probable challenges would be as hard as overcoming the real challenges that are faced by humans working in bars.

Source

24083344.jpg

Seems pretty awesome to me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

yay, robots are fun

still waiting on that japan usa fight. 

yay, robots are fun

still waiting on that japan usa fight. 

My vote for the winner of that fight....

post-184582-0-65634800-1439731544.jpg

Take out the support structure, and everything up top is useless. There's a reason walkers aren't a thing in the army, it has nothing to do with the technology.

Still want to see a robot out-cocktail Bryan brown......(yep I'm that old)

Have you seen that hotel (In Japan i think) that is fully staffed by ONLY robots? :P

Since you're the conspiracy theorist OP, you should be thinking of how these robots will take over the world... 

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Since you're the conspiracy theorist OP, you should be thinking of how these robots will take over the world... 

Too easy:

They'll get us drunk, and then have their way with us, by killing us.

My vote for the winner of that fight....

Take out the support structure, and everything up top is useless. There's a reason walkers aren't a thing in the army, it has nothing to do with the technology.

Still want to see a robot out-cocktail Bryan brown......(yep I'm that old)

IM just wondering if there will be any big ass drones/quadcopters. 

IM just wondering if there will be any big ass drones/quadcopters. 

What for combat, or for drinks serving?

I don't understand why they haven't just created a fleet of drones with barret .50 cals attached, with big ass magazines on them.

Think about how terrifying that could be to any enemy. Flying snipers that can hit you from quite a long ways away.

What for combat, or for drinks serving?

I don't understand why they haven't just created a fleet of drones with barret .50 cals attached, with big ass magazines on them.

Think about how terrifying that could be to any enemy. Flying snipers that can hit you from quite a long ways away.

i was referring to

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33310621

i stability and accuracy is a problem,.  for a .50 cal probbly.

I do see it happening eventfully 

Too easy:

They'll get us drunk, and then have their way with us, by killing us.

Well atleast we'll be too drunk to notice. Quick and to the point. But what about those who dont drink...?

Well atleast we'll be too drunk to notice. Quick and to the point. But what about those who dont drink...?

Well, life was already crappy for them (whether they admit it or not) so.....I guess they can rest easy knowing it won't be bothering them much longer.