Guys is ping download or upload depended i  am LoL player and 10h ago i was having 60 ping now 100..... its not the servers 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

could just be traffic near you or something like that

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Both, download and upload need to be ok .

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

both really. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Guys is ping download or upload depended i  am LoL player and 10h ago i was having 60 ping now 100..... its not the servers

Past a certain point (which is typically quite low in real terms, and within reach of most residential broadband) the rated download/upload speed of your connection doesn't have a large impact on ping (for instance, the ping on a 10 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up connection and a 100 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up connection will be very close when travelling over the same distance and network). What has a bigger impact is the load that's on the network path your packets are taking. At times of peak load (or if your traffic happens to cross a congested node while off peak) you'll often see an increase in ping times.

i'll try and explain:

ping is the time between you sending the most basic packet, and the server's reply coming in.

as such:

your network card -> ~whatever network equipment is between you and the server~ -> server -> back over the same equipment -> your network card.

once your internet speed is fast enough the packet will be transmitted in such a small amount of time the network between you and the server matters more.

i'll try and explain:

ping is the time between you sending the most basic packet, and the server's reply coming in.

as such:

your network card -> ~whatever network equipment is between you and the server~ -> server -> back over the same equipment -> your network card.

once your internet speed is fast enough the packet will be transmitted in such a small amount of time the network between you and the server matters more.

How can i improve the ping ? Some of my friends use same internet as i do and have so small ping .... but me :/ 

Will new router help ? 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

How can i improve the ping ? Some of my friends use same internet as i do and have so small ping .... but me :/ 

Will new router help ? 

depends on what the reason for the high ping is.

- a device along the way thats poopy. (not explicitly you)

- a lot of devices along the way (like when connecting EU-US)

- extreme cable length (this is a lesser problem, but the internet can only go as fast as the speed of light, 300km of cable will add about 1ms worth of latency)

- congested lines, meaning your packet doesnt get handled as fast as it could be

depends on what the reason for the high ping is.

- a device along the way thats poopy. (not explicitly you)

- a lot of devices along the way (like when connecting EU-US)

- extreme cable length (this is a lesser problem, but the internet can only go as fast as the speed of light, 300km of cable will add about 1ms worth of latency)

- congested lines, meaning your packet doesnt get handled as fast as it could be

Well man on http://www.speedtest.net/ my ping is 6 but on league of legends its 100 :D i dont get this. 

Will also wireless option for internet be faster ? etc etc 

I play on EU servers on LoL but dunno why 100 ping :( or 70 

Project Redline: 

Ping is more like CAS latency on RAM than read/write speeds on a drive. It's the time it takes for a computer to contact a server and register a response from the server. It can depend on internet speed up to a point, but beyond that it's based more on traffic levels and device latency of the magic boxes along the way.

Well man on http://www.speedtest.net/ my ping is 6 but on league of legends its 100 :D i dont get this. 

the difference between speedtest's ping, and LoL's ping is very simple:

speedtest's ping is to speedtest's node closest to you, generally one thats near the main node of your ISP.

LoL's ping is to LoL servers, which is generally bigger packets, to a more loaded server, thats further away, also going trough different ISPs, giving more chance on a congested part.

the difference between speedtest's ping, and LoL's ping is very simple:

speedtest's ping is to speedtest's node closest to you, generally one thats near the main node of your ISP.

LoL's ping is to LoL servers, which is generally bigger packets, to a more loaded server, thats further away, also going trough different ISPs, giving more chance on a congested part.

Is there anything i can do to improve my Pings on LoL ? LIKE ANYTHING LITERALLY :( 

Project Redline: 

Wireless has all sorts of latencies involved with it, it's not nearly as responsive as a wired connection. Ethernet is still king here.

And EU servers... if you're in the US, then no wonder it takes so long. But you have to understand how far your signal is travelling. Let's say 4000 miles. in one millisecond it travels 186 miles. in fifty it will travel 9,300 miles. Take into account how much wire it's passing through, it'll make its wire-based trip in around that 50 milliseconds. then take into account the latencies within the machines it passes through. 30-50 milliseconds' worth of switchboxes at this distance should be considered quite good.

Quite the feat that electrical signals can achieve, isn't it?

Is there anything i can do to improve my Pings on LoL ? LIKE ANYTHING LITERALLY :(

If you can get an FTTH connection, that'll improve the latency at your end at least. Otherwise, you are at the behest of your ISP, and in the US, that's... pretty much guaranteed unadulterated evil.

If you can get an FTTH connection, that'll improve the latency at your end at least. Otherwise, you are at the behest of your ISP, and in the US, that's... pretty much guaranteed unadulterated evil.

I live in EU Bulgaria, and play EUW server on League of legends. What is FTTH connection and where can i get it ? 

Project Redline: 

I live in EU Bulgaria, and play EUW server on League of legends. What is FTTH connection and where can i get it ? 

FTTH = Fiber To The Home. if you are in an area that has laid fiber to the point where the switch to copper is inside your house, that's FTTH. It's very rare, though, and very expensive... unless of course you live somewhere like Estonia, where gigabit internet is standard.

Europe is so much more developed than America when it comes to infrastructure.