Best 1440P 144/120/60hz monitor?

cheekboys

Hi, I am planning to upgrade my 1080p monitor to a 1440p mmonitor and I have no idea which one to get. Does anyone have any suggestions?

That's a 1080p monitor xD

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @4.7Ghz_1.33v ||| Motherboard: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer ||| RAM : HyperX Beast 16GB 2400mhz ||| GPU : 2x MSI gtx 970 4G SLI |||  Case : Corsair Carbide 500R ||| Storage : 4x Crucial MX100 250GB RAID 0 |||  PSU : Corsair RM850 |||  Display : RoG Swift |||  Cooling : Corsair h110 |||  Keyboard : Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cherry MX-Red |||  Mouse : RoG Gladius |||  Sound : Xonar U7,  Sennheiser HD 558 , Logitech z5500, Strix 7.1 Pro ||| Operating  System: Windows 10

As far as 1440p goes, Linus reviewd a pretty awesome Acer not too long ago... 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @4.7Ghz_1.33v ||| Motherboard: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer ||| RAM : HyperX Beast 16GB 2400mhz ||| GPU : 2x MSI gtx 970 4G SLI |||  Case : Corsair Carbide 500R ||| Storage : 4x Crucial MX100 250GB RAID 0 |||  PSU : Corsair RM850 |||  Display : RoG Swift |||  Cooling : Corsair h110 |||  Keyboard : Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cherry MX-Red |||  Mouse : RoG Gladius |||  Sound : Xonar U7,  Sennheiser HD 558 , Logitech z5500, Strix 7.1 Pro ||| Operating  System: Windows 10

It appears they where the same price for some reason but the 4k one is on sale... But I wouldn't recommend you the 4k in your case (assuming it's for gaming )since your GPU is a 780 ... It will struggle at this resolution and if you scale it down to 1440p on the 4k screen you'll have some ugly artifacting...

Edit:

Now that I think about it, more than 1080p for a 780 is probably not the best of ideas... especially if you want to take full advantage of the 144hz. The first one you linked is not a bad choice... had one myself and I liked it a lot. The model is somewhat old though... There are probably better alternatives at that resolution and refresh rate.

It appears they where the same price for some reason but the 4k one is on sale... But I wouldn't recommend you the 4k in your case (assuming it's for gaming )since your GPU is a 780 ... It will struggle at this resolution and if you scale it down to 1440p on the 4k screen you'll have some ugly artifacting...

I was also planning to upgrade to a 980 TI with a 1440p monitor or around the same time.

Hi, I am planning to upgrade my 1080p monitor to a 1440p mmonitor and I have no idea which one to get. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I really like my Dell Ultrasharp U2515H 

the colors are amazing and the price for me was great :) (300 euro) and you really need too much muscle in order to get 120 fps on games at full resolution

only downside on this one is background bleeding (some erea's are slightly more lightly but it is hard to notice)

hakuna matata

I was also planning to upgrade to a 980 TI with a 1440p monitor or around the same time.

Ah in that case 1440p is a good choice if you plan to take advantage of the 144hz. You might want to look at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/PG278Q-27-Inch-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00MSOND8C/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439672939&sr=1-1&keywords=rog+swift

It's my current monitor, and even if it's not quite as good as the Acer, I can tell you from experience that it's a pretty good one

Ah in that case 1440p is a good choice if you plan to take advantage of the 144hz. You might want to look at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/PG278Q-27-Inch-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00MSOND8C/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439672939&sr=1-1&keywords=rog+swift

It's my current monitor, and even if it's not quite as good as the Acer, I can tell you from experience that it's a pretty good one

I'll look into that one. Thanks!

I'll look into that one. Thanks!

You may also want to consider its follow up, the PG279Q, which is due for release soon (September/October). It's IPS, as opposed to TN, which means better colours and viewing angles, but no 3D (if that matters to you). The coating on the screen should also be much better, as the Swift came under criticism for that.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

You may also want to consider its follow up, the PG279Q, which is due for release soon (September/October). It's IPS, as opposed to TN, which means better colours and viewing angles, but no 3D (if that matters to you). The coating on the screen should also be much better, as the Swift came under criticism for that.

I'll look into that one as well. Thanks!

I have one more question. Would it be a better idea to stick with 1080p and get a GTX 980 TI so it will last longer on games or should I also upgrade to 1440p. I honestly don't care all that much for better resolution. I would take better frame rate/other graphics options over resolution any day.

I have one more question. Would it be a better idea to stick with 1080p and get a GTX 980 TI so it will last longer on games or should I also upgrade to 1440p. I honestly don't care all that much for better resolution. I would take better frame rate/other graphics options over resolution any day.

Most people would call that overkill... Personally I think it's a good option as 144fps locked with max graphics is pretty awesome. However, try playing at 1440p before you say you don't care much. I tried to go back to 1080p recently and... nope... The extra resolution is pretty good and I can still keep my FPS at 90+ (which feels smooth enough for me) in most AAA games  with my 970x2 SLI. With a 980ti you should have simillar performance if not better in some cases since you won't have the scaling problems that come with dual+ GPU's.

Most people would call that overkill... Personally I think it's a good option as 144fps locked with max graphics is pretty awesome. However, try playing at 1440p before you say you don't care much. I tried to go back to 1080p recently and... nope... The extra resolution is pretty good and I can still keep my FPS at 90+ (which feels smooth enough for me) in most AAA games  with my 970x2 SLI. With a 980ti you should have simillar performance if not better in some cases since you won't have the scaling problems that come with dual+ GPU's.

The problem with that is in the next year or so I will be having to turn down multiple graphics options to keep a good frame rate at 1440p. Of course I could just turn the resolution down but then what would be the point of even having a 1440p monitor. Of course idk what my actual fps would be but that's just what I think right now.

The problem with that is in the next year or so I will be having to turn down multiple graphics options to keep a good frame rate at 1440p. Of course I could just turn the resolution down but then what would be the point of even having a 1440p monitor. Of course idk what my actual fps would be but that's just what I think right now.

Well, you said it yourself, that you would take "better frame rate/other graphics over resolution"... if that REALLY is the case, and you have seen 1440p and said "not for me thanks", then by all means stick at 1080p. You will of course obtain a higher frame rate at 1080p vs 1440p... that's a given, so if you can honestly say 1440p does nothing for you, then it's an easy decision. But as advised above, I would highly recommend you try it first before you make such a statement.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

There's 1 extra thing you should keep in mind that I completly forgot: GSYNC. GSYNC will keep things nice and smooth as long as the framerate doesn't go below 40.

Yes, G-Sync by most accounts will make a big difference... but if you want that at 1440p, the list of monitors available is a very short expensive one. 

There's a reason why the Steam Hardware Survey shows 35% of gamers are still at 1080p vs just over 1% at 1440p. :)

Yes, G-Sync by most accounts will make a big difference... but if you want that at 1440p, the list of monitors available is a very short expensive one. 

There's a reason why the Steam Hardware Survey shows 35% of gamers are still at 1080p vs just over 1% at 1440p. :)

Because noobs rather upgrade their already overkill GPU's rather then displays :/

A 970 and up, and a R9 280X and up is already "overkill" for 1080P 60hz.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU