What is the better x99 motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by PDArm,

Well far a start the Rampage is a EATX were as the deluxe is a ATX. So slightly bigger board.
The rampage can support slightly higher RAM frequencies (not that it really matters). It also has slightly better onboard audio.
Unlike the deluxe it can support 4 way sli/crossfire. The deluxe only supports 3 way. 

Though on the otherhand. the x99 deluxe has dual lan.... though they're pretty similar really.

Alot of people who own the 5960x seem to use the rampage as their go to board.

Altogether Asus is one of the leading manufacturers in motherboards and top rated, with decent RMA and support. So you can't really go wrong.

Go for the Rampage.

Hi.

I was wondering if the asus x99 deluxe motherboard is better than the Asus rampage v extreme motherboard or the other way around.

I will be using an i7 5960x cpu with this cooling solution: https://www.techbay.no/product.html/techbay-highperformance-vannkjolingsett-3x120-45

I will also be using 32gb of corsair vengeance lpx 2666mhz ram.

Thank you in advance!

ASUS RAMPAGE V!!!

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Why not use the new socket?!

- Albert Einstein

Hi.

I was wondering if the asus x99 deluxe motherboard is better than the Asus rampage v extreme motherboard or the other way around.

I will be using an i7 5960x cpu with this cooling solution: https://www.techbay.no/product.html/techbay-highperformance-vannkjolingsett-3x120-45

I will also be using 32gb of corsair vengeance lpx 2666mhz ram.

Thank you in advance!

Follow Your Topics!

- Albert Einstein

Why not use the new socket?!

The reason why I am not using the new socket is because the motherboard and the cpu are pretty expensive in my country.

That board is approximately 100 usd more than the rampage. Is it worth the extra cost? You get so few usb ports compared to the rampage.

I don't even know, but i like the fact that this board can change multiple colors to match your rig color scheme. 

I don't even know, but i like the fact that this board can change multiple colors to match your rig color scheme. 

I didn't understand what you meant by what you said at the end there...

Define Better.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

They all are good there are not any you should avoid, pick something that suits your needs.

I will be gaming whilst streaming, editing and other not so important tasks. What do you think is better for me?

Well far a start the Rampage is a EATX were as the deluxe is a ATX. So slightly bigger board.
The rampage can support slightly higher RAM frequencies (not that it really matters). It also has slightly better onboard audio.
Unlike the deluxe it can support 4 way sli/crossfire. The deluxe only supports 3 way. 

Though on the otherhand. the x99 deluxe has dual lan.... though they're pretty similar really.

Altogether Asus is one of the leading manufacturers in motherboards and top rated, with decent RMA and support. So you can't really go wrong.

Go for the Rampage.

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

Go for the Rampage.

THanks for all that! That helped my decision and I will go with the rampage.

THanks for all that! That helped my decision and I will go with the rampage.

Hopefully, i helped you. You relized the rampage costs around 500USD

- Albert Einstein

Hopefully, i helped you. You relized the rampage costs around 500USD

Yes you did :) I have almost no budget. THe only difference in price between those two boards is approximately 12 dollars here in norway.

Yes you did :) I have almost no budget. THe only difference in price between those two boards is approximately 12 dollars here in norway.

Have you thought of going with a 4790K and doing a custom loop instead of X99?

- Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

Have you thought of going with a 4790K and doing a custom loop instead of X99?

I never thought about that. Some thinking now is needed-.-