Windows not detecting hard drive

Stigs
Go to solution Solved by TopplesS,

Have a look at the drive in Disk Management, see if it has been allocated a drive letter or not. If it hasn't, allocate a new drive letter and it should pop up again.

So I just reinstalled Windows 7 on my main desktop (I have 10 on my laptop, but I'm going to stick with 7 for my desktop).  I have 3 drives, a samsung 850 evo boot drive, a 500gb hard drive and a 1tb hard drive. The 500gb drive and the ssd are being detected by windows, but not the 1tb drive. When I go to device manager it shows that the drive is there, but it doesn't show it in my hard disks menu in my computer. Why is this?

So I just reinstalled Windows 7 on my main desktop (I have 10 on my laptop, but I'm going to stick with 7 for my desktop).  I have 3 drives, a samsung 850 evo boot drive, a 500gb hard drive and a 1tb hard drive. The 500gb drive and the ssd are being detected by windows, but not the 1tb drive. When I go to device manager it shows that the drive is there, but it doesn't show it in my hard disks menu in my computer. Why is this?

1e1a54a013504b76b282a81b0ad0cd06.gif

Have a look at the drive in Disk Management, see if it has been allocated a drive letter or not. If it hasn't, allocate a new drive letter and it should pop up again.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

This was the issue. Thanks!

This was the issue. Thanks!

No problem, glad it was an easy fix!

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550