nas?

roasted pinnaple
Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

i have a very basic understanding of a nas and im wondering if i set ine up will i beable to access it anywhere i want

Hey there roasted pinnaple,

NAS basically stands for Network Attached Storage. Generally speaking, a storage drive that is connected to the network via the router or a switch and can be accessed over the network can be considered a NAS.
NAS devices can be access from anywhere on the network and, if set up properly, can be accessed over the internet from basically everywhere. 
I could suggest checking out WD My Cloud and WD My Cloud Mirror as they are very useful, work pretty good and are very easy to set up and manage (basically plug-and-play):

Captain_WD.

i have a very basic understanding of a nas and im wondering if i set ine up will i beable to access it anywhere i want

What? On your network yeah. Network attached storage. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Hey there roasted pinnaple,

NAS basically stands for Network Attached Storage. Generally speaking, a storage drive that is connected to the network via the router or a switch and can be accessed over the network can be considered a NAS.
NAS devices can be access from anywhere on the network and, if set up properly, can be accessed over the internet from basically everywhere. 
I could suggest checking out WD My Cloud and WD My Cloud Mirror as they are very useful, work pretty good and are very easy to set up and manage (basically plug-and-play):

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/