Mini PC for balanced value, size and performance suggestions

Minh Dao

I'm moving abroad soon and I want to have some good juice power PC but also being mobile because I still going to have to travel from time to time. I already have a laptop; that is a Sony Vaio Tab 11, which its performance seem to be downgrading very quickly and my experience playing dota and editing videos is not pleasant. I thought about the gigabyte brix as Linus have reviewed but I want to see some more option before going out to buy a mini PC.

1. Budget & Location
Lets assume that I have no limit on the budget. I would like to buy the mini-PC in Vietnam if available since prices here are usually cheaper but i'll move to Japan in a week for 2 years of university at least.

2. Aim
Primary load will be playing Dota 2 (at least 1080p, 45 fps and medium quality; higher is preferable) and editing 60fps animation videos.

3. Monitors

I have no monitor nor monitors in mind, but I would like to get 1 that is 25inch, 2560x1440, resolution. 2nd screen is a maybe.

4. Peripherals
I have an Ele-G8 but its kinda worn out a bit.

I have no keyboards, monitors nor OS to run this mini-PC

Thanks

what is your Budget?

Location?

Are you sure you don't want a Laptop?

Because he had a hard drive.

what is your Budget?

Location?

Are you sure you don't want a Laptop?

Lets say around less than USD $1000

Location: Going to stay in Japan but preferable purchase in Vietnam since stuff in Vietnam is cheaper

I'm positive that I want a PC. I want a rig that is powerful enough for enjoyable gaming and video editing experience, mobile enough to bring it abroad during travels and holidays, and not too crazy like a Razor Blade.

Lets say around less than USD $1000

Location: Going to stay in Japan but preferable purchase in Vietnam since stuff in Vietnam is cheaper

I'm positive that I want a PC. I want a rig that is powerful enough for enjoyable gaming and video editing experience, mobile enough to bring it abroad during travels and holidays, and not too crazy like a Razor Blade.

you could get a Lenovo Y50

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/

Because he had a hard drive.