G27 or wait for G29

VettleBolt

My Friend and i are racing fanatics

we go to the local Track every now and then and recently he been Bugging me about this

Should he get the G27 or wait and get the G29 and spend more money on it then spend even more for the 6 speed shifter?

Personally i tell him to save up for the Fanatec Club sport parts 

see seems really sold on the G27 and G29

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

His birthday is in a few weeks and i want to get him one of the 2

(Birthday after G29 release date)

-Microsoft 2015

My Friend and i are racing fanatics

we go to the local Track every now and then and recently he been Bugging me about this

Should he get the G27 or wait and get the G29 and spend more money on it then spend even more for the 6 speed shifter?

Personally i tell him to save up for the Fanatec Club sport parts 

see seems really sold on the G27 and G29

I say G27, it's got all that you need, the G29 is not better enough to justify the ~$200 premium and then more for the shifter,

but that ClubSport stuff... holy hell over $1500 for a wheel, shifter and pedals (well the CSR wheel's $300 so that's about the same as a G27)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I say G27, it's got all that you need, the G29 is not better enough to justify the ~$200 premium and then more for the shifter,

but that ClubSport stuff... holy hell over $1500 for a wheel, shifter and pedals (well the CSR wheel's $300 so that's about the same as a G27)

The G29 is said to only be out because of the new Consoles

Clubsport is on my shopping list once they get stock back

Edit: I know someone with the Previous Gen of Clubsport and they are very happy with it

-Microsoft 2015

I'd say save the money and buy a G27, it is one awesome wheel and you can mod the gear stick to make it sequential. With the money saved you can treat him :D

The G29 is said to only be out because of the new Consoles

We are also PC Gamers ( not that it matters)

so G29 is only good for the extra Buttons and stuff

-Microsoft 2015

The only reason I upgraded my Driving Force Pro to a G27 was for the freaking force feedback tolerance that always caused some gear hammer.

It is better with the G27 but not entirely gone, so I'd wait for the G29 as it seems to have gotten rid of this.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

The only reason I upgraded my Driving Force Pro to a G27 was for the freaking force feedback tolerance that always caused some gear hammer.

It is better with the G27 but not entirely gone, so I'd wait for the G29 as it seems to have gotten rid of this.

i only just Broke my Driving force,its damn old from the PS2 Era, the wheel actually snapped from the base last month

it didn't have enough FFB for current games

Edit : i kinda am the reason it snapped off, i wasn't happy that i still haven't got a new one

-Microsoft 2015