Event Viewer shows HAL error & PC resumes from sleep by itself

Formhault

So... the title pretty much says it all.

I'm on Windows 7 - will stay on it for a while, I don't really want to jump ship to Windows 10 just yet. I've been checking the Event Viewer right now, because I found out that my computer resumes from sleep ahead of time.

I put my computer to sound an alarm at 9 AM - the computer speakers are much more likely to blow me away from my sleep - and I usually let my computer finish some task (like downloading something) until after 1~2 hours I go to sleep, after which it is set to enter a sleep state (gotta love Simple Shutdown Timer).

All's been well until a few weeks ago - when I upgraded the BIOS of my motherboard, mind you, but I seriously doubt that's what's causing it (really?!). Now, if I let my PC go to sleep, some 30~60 minutes later, it just wakes up. And the Event Viewer shows that. This is the first time I see a red error in between the sleep - resume sleep states, so I doubt it's got something to do with that, but...

Okay, I'll attach to this post two screenshots depicting the HAL error. I decided it's better to record a video and upload it to YouTube to better show the time when the PC went to sleep and when it woke up (30 minutes later), as I thought it'd be easier to look at a 30 seconds video and pause it yourself instead of sliding between several pictures... The video is here.

-----

Just in case someone's wondering, my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (Rev 4.0). I've been on the F3i BIOS for a while (beta), until a couple of weeks ago, when I checked out Gigabyte's website & saw the F3i BIOS is out of beta. Thinking it must be different than the beta build, I flashed it. Since then, I believe this system wake issue has started to occur. I can't say FOR SURE, because it just happened that I was awake ~30 minutes after I once put my system to sleep, and saw it coming back up myself... just 1 week ago. Not sure if that used to happen 3-4 months ago, as well, for example.

This PC is a few months old - built it around February. FX-6300, 8 GB of RAM... it's all in my profile, I think. The Windows installation is that old, on a Kingston V300 120 GB drive.

Hope you got enough info to help me out, guys! Looking forward to hear from you :)

post-76761-0-15593800-1439188789_thumb.j

post-76761-0-41783800-1439188791_thumb.j

U could try....

In command prompt(admin mode)

Type powercfg /lastwake

Do this after it wakes

u could also try powercfg /energy. This will do a 60 second evaluation.

Its helped me sometimes with mynsleep issues.

• 2 weeks later...

U could try....

In command prompt(admin mode)

Type powercfg /lastwake

Do this after it wakes

u could also try powercfg /energy. This will do a 60 second evaluation.

Its helped me sometimes with mynsleep issues.

Thanks!

I tried "powercfg /lastwake" and something TeamViewer-related was listed there, so... that's what it is, I guess.

I'll try & see what I can do to solve the problem.